About Veronica Mavromatis MBACP
- I’m a fully qualified counsellor, offering integrative counselling and therapy services in Central London.
- I am an integrative counsellor with experience working with bereavement, alcohol and drug addiction, sexual abuse, depression, anxiety and other mental health issues.
- Counselling is a way of exploring difficulties in your life with someone who is professionally trained, has time to listen, is impartial and objective.
- Integrative Counselling draws on mainstream theoretical perspectives, integrating knowledge and skills from different therapies.
- Bereavement counsellors can offer you a space to explore your feelings in a comfortable, confidential, safe and sympathetic environment, offering support as you go through this difficult time.
Relationship & Couples Counselling
- Couples counselling is a long proven and beneficial therapy where both partners sit down with the aim of resolving their relationship problems, with the help and supervision of a non-biased therapist.
- This provides a healthy opportunity for both partners in a relationship to discuss their issues in a controlled manner, while the counsellor aids these discussions and helps to identify any problems within the relationship.
- Counselling can help you to deal with anxiety by looking into the underlying causes and triggers including those created by work, relationships and traumatic experiences and work with you to develop more effective strategies for managing your anxiety.
- Counselling can also help you to create a personal plan to develop a healthy change, and teach you simple techniques and tools that will help you to manage stressful situations which arise in the future.
- Counselling can provide relief for many of the issues that surround addiction such as depression, low self-esteem or obsessive behaviour.
- It can also help your family and friends to better understand what you are going through and how to provide you with support.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Counselling turned my life around in a way I would have never believed.
- This enabled me to make a choice to give something back.
- I began training to become a counsellor a number of years ago, and am now a qualified independent integrative practitioner.
- I am very empathic, having experienced a lot of life’s issues but I have now found a way of coping have developed tools to cope with when crisis arise.
- In my practice I offer you a non-judgemental and empathic space to talk freely without judgement.
- You will feel that you are truly being listened to.
- I can share my experience with you and help you live a more happy and fulfilled life.
- For many years I have volunteered in a drug and alcohol
charity where I treat clients battling substance addictions.
- Alongside this, I have experience of volunteering in a bereavement organisation, where I dealt with clients whose loved ones had passed away in different circumstances.
- I have also volunteered for a Carer’s charity service in Ilford doing home counselling with many different families.
- Clients ranged from carers looking after elderly parents to families suffering from various mental health issues.
- Seeing my clients make changes to their lives rewards me. Knowing that I can be on that journey with that client is truly a privilege for me. Any potential clients that are out there I know how you are feeling because I have walked in your shoes.
- I am committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in Counselling. I abide by the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QFC)
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction for Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Registered Member of the BACP (Reg. MBACP)
- Member of the AIP
- Certificate in Online Mindfulness & Meditation - British Mindfulness Institute
- Certificate in Understanding Intimate Violence from an Attachment and Trauma Perspective
- Certificate in Beginning, Developing and Strengthening The Way We Work Online
- Certificate in Embodiment and The Talking Cure
- Certificate in Integrative Therapy
- Certificate in The Gift of Therapy: A Conversation with Irvin Yalom, MD
- Certificate in Telephone Counselling: working with long and short term clients
- Certificate in Introducing the social sciences
- Certificate in Introduction to counselling
- Certificate in Counselling: exploring fear and sadness
- Certificate in Losing Sleep: How psychotherapeutic techniques can help
- Certificate in UKESAD
- Certificate in Working with Developmental Trauma using the NeuroAffective - Relational Model™ (NARM)
- Certificate in Attachment, Dependency and Collaboration in Therapy for Complex - Developmental Trauma Disorders
- Certificate of Attendance, BACP WebCast: UKESAD 2016 UK/European Symposium on Addictive Disorders
- Counselling: £35
- Couples Counselling: £50
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy: £35
- Psychotherapy: £35
- Online Counselling & Psychotherapy: £35
- Concessions are available.
- I offer 5 minute free telephone consultation.
My Counselling and Therapy Services:
- I now provide online therapy sessions.
- Face to Face Counselling
- Telephone Counselling