About Rachella Michaels MA UKCP APP
* As a very experienced, fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist I provide effective counselling and psychotherapy for both individuals and couples.
* For couples and individuals the sessions are generally of one hour and weekly.
* Sessions can be any time of the day or evening Monday to Friday depending on availability.
* I am happy to arrange an initial telepnone conversation to answer any questions you may have.
* I have a sliding scale of costs depending on circumstances.
Counselling and Psychotherapy with individuals
* I see individuals for both short (min 6 sessions) and long term work.
* I provide a safe, confidential and supportive environment in which to explore issues such as anger, anxiety, self esteem, depression, lack of motivation or difficulties in relationships. I create opportunities to make sense of existing behaviour patterns, to develop new ones, and to grow a more positive sense of self. This can strengthen abilities to manage stress, confront challenges and help the achievement of a happier, more successful and fulfilled life.
* Most of my individual clients fall into the 25 to 65 age group and suffer typically from low self esteem, anxiety, anger management or work/relationship type issues.
* I work largely with feelings, focusing on self understanding and acceptance to increase self confidence and motivation. Individuals often gain more insight about themselves and others, find greater direction and purpose in their life and are able to form more successful relationships.
Couple counselling and Relationship counselling
* I offer both short (min 8 sessions) and long term couple counselling and therapy.
* I work to resolve conflict and to reconnect couples who suffer issues of disagreement, misunderstanding, cultural differences, distrust, betrayal, suffer sexual difficulties or who have just grown apart.
* I focus on developing a deeper understanding of the feelings being aroused and the patterns of behaviour that result, to achieve greater connection and closeness.
* I use mainly the Emotion Focused Therapy approach. This was introduced in the UK about 5 years ago and that is already well established in Canada and the US, where several studies have revealed it to be one of the most effective types of couple therapy around.
My training, work experience and any achievement
I originally trained in Psychosynthesis counselling and psychotherapy, for which I have a counselling diploma, and a diploma and MA in Psychotherapy.
I have since studied Emotion Focused Therapy for couples for which I have certificates and am listed by York University, Toronto, Canada.
I am also following an advanced diploma in couple therapy.
I am registered with, and fully accredited by UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) and abide by their code of ethics.
I am also a member of APP (Association of Psychospiritual Psychotherapists)
I am a member of BACP.
I have worked as a counsellor/therapist since 1994, having several thousand hour’s worth of experience.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Guilt, self hate or loathing, confusion, self doubt, fear, distrust, frustration. anger, helplessness, powerlessness, transvestism, transgender, sexual orientation, lack of motivation, lack of direction, lack of confidence.
Special Online Booking Offers
Special offer 10% discount - For new clients making an initial appointment before the end of April and committing to the minimum no of sessions by advanced payment.
I offer a sliding scale of fees depending on circumstances. Concessions are available.
* In London the maximum fee per hour for an individual is £45. For a couple is £55.
* In Witney, Oxfordshire the maximum fee per hour for an individual is £40. For couples it is £50.
Payment can be on a weekly basis or in advance, whichever is preferred.
Write a Review of Rachella Michaels
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.