About Julian Samiloff Counselling Psychotherapy
Hello, I’m Julian. Like all of us I have had experiences of sadness and loss - experiences which help me to more understand and connect humanely with my clients. In my relationship with clients I am friendly and approachable. Feedback from clients says that they feel safe such that they can talk freely about their worries and anguish. .
I focus on client need and work to create an approach that best fits what my clients’ want and need.
Together and at your pace we can can:
- Explore problems you bring.
- Work to agreed goals.
- Understand thoughts, emotions and behaviours.
- Discover the sense of identity - who you are and how you adapt successfully to challenges.
- Explore employment, education, family, and other social environments that create stress and worry.
- Where appropriate (and agreed) think about and explore past events and traumas so as to create resolution and peace.
- Explore early life experiences, fears, dreams, flashbacks.
- Key to my work is creating a safe space in which my clients feel cared for and listened to. I always make sure that my clients receive help by the application of expertise and specialist knowledge and while doing so will feel respected, & compassion.
- I pay close attention to client feedback and keep abreast of professional guidelines, and current research - including the NHS-NICE guidelines.
AREAS of WORK
- I have substantial experience of the following; depression, anxiety, workplace stress, bereavement, alcohol and drug addiction, PTSD, domestic violence and emotional, physical and sexual abuse, anger management, psychosexual counselling, sexuality and sexual dysfunction, obsessive compulsive disorder, couples / family & relationship counselling;- (straight and same sex), separation and divorce, children’s difficulties; childhood behaviour problems - home and at school; Autistic Spectrum Disorder, ADHD and other behavioural difficulties
- I have two a masters degrees and more than 10 years experience of psychotherapy. I have worked in a CAMHS [(NHS) (children and adolescent mental health service] setting.
- My training and practice enable me to work with individuals, families and couples.
My training, work experience and any achievement
I have a first degree in science and in law and two Masters degrees. I am a qualified and accredited psychotherapist; a member of the Association of Family Therapist – AFT – a member of the United Kingdon Council of Psychotherapists – UKCP – and a member of the FMA – Family Mediation Association. I am an accredited Family Mediator and qualified for under-taking Direct Consultation with Children.
I appreciate social, cultural, gender and sexuality difference and my practice respects and attends to LGBT other life style choices.
I have worked with families and individuals, within CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services(NHS)) services and in private practice and in corporate and coaching contexts.
My route to psychotherapy has been very rich and rewarding. I have a degree in science and psychology and undertook research studies in the Neurophysiology of Behaviour at London Guildhall University.
Building on my training and experience of clinical practice, I set up my psychotherapy practice to provide a much needed, unique counselling service for families and individuals living on the Isle of Wight and have expanded and developed my services to take in surrounding counties and London.
I can meet with clients at my consulting rooms or I can meet with clients at their homes or other places of convenience.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD)
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Avoidant Personality
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bisexual Issues
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Childhood Issues
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Conduct Disorder (CD)
- Couple Relationships
- Criminal Behaviour
- Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Gender Dysphoria
- Gender Identity Disorders
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Lesbian Issues
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mens Issues
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Relationships
- Relationship Problems
- Same Sex Relationships
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Sexual Harassment
- Sleep Disorders
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Transgender Issues
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
Special Online Booking Offers
Fee structure is discussed when making an appointment but an important input is my clients’ ability to afford the fees. In many cases and where a piece of work has started I have negotiated temporary zero fee status. To me the client is important and I have a responsibility to help my clients back to robust emotional and mental well-being
I always offer a free first meeting 40 minute session.
Write a Review of Julian Samiloff
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.