About David Gibbons
- My Counselling experience includes schools, colleges, universities and mental health organisations.
- People come to see me due to abuse, substance misuse, repetitive
behaviour, bereavement and loss, anger and passivity, anxiety, stress, depression, esteem issues, couples counselling, relationship issues, parenting problems, families in distress, LGBTQ issues, sexual identity issues, suicidal and self-harming.
I’m qualified to work face-to-face, online and telephone which increase the geographic areas for my practice.
As a Clinical Supervisor I use the seven-eyed model.
I have room throughout the Greater Manchester areas, and Warrington.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I’m MBACP registered, in my 20th year of practice.
- I’m a RELATE trained relationships and family therapist, Solution focused, Transactional Analysis, Humanistic (Person-centred) counsellor, and CBT.
- I work in both community independent sector and local authority providing an intermediate psychological care service bridging hospital and home care provision to people with immediate, short-term and long-term mental health needs.
- I have extensive experience working with children, young people (CYP), young adults, adults’, relationships, and families in a wide range of educational, health and social care settings including providing support, advice, supervision and training for parents, carers, teachers, and other mental health professionals.
- I have been a certified Advanced Safeguarding professional since 2015. - Also have specialism’s and long history of working in the field of complex social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) difficulties including autism, learning difficulties, and trauma.
- My experience includes IAPT assessments and interventions to meet complex needs.
- I am an expert witness for court proceedings.
- And I also offer consultation and supervision to other professionals either face-to-face, online or asynchronously.
Supervision is an ethical must, it emphasises professional growth through relating and reflecting, and how individuals are connected in patterns of interaction, which will be sustained by the way communication flows between them.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Trauma Informed Practitioner
Critical Incident Responder
Mental Health First Responder
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Online Talk Therapy
- Online Supervision
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £45/session
- Counselling: £45/session
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): £45/session
- NLP: £45/session
- Psychotherapy: £45/session
- Online Counselling, Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy, etc.: £50/session
- Supervision: £45/session
- Stress Management: £45/session
- Life Coaching: £45/session
Special Online Booking Offers
I offer a free assessment initially by form then either a 20 minute telephone or zoom consultation to confirm the date & time of the first session.
Write a Review of LIBER8 Counselling Services
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.