About Jade Byford
- I am passionate about psychology and have trained in numerous areas and will continue to professionally develop my skills with further education in order to give you the most up to date research and skills to help you overcome the challenges that we all face in our lives.
- I listen without judgement and in confidence to help you gain understanding around your feelings and behaviours.
- In our first meeting, I will ask you some questions about yourself and you will have the opportunity to discuss your reasons for seeking counselling and what you want to achieve from it.
- Once we have spoken, you can decide how you want to proceed.
- You will always be in control of your therapy, having the choice to end when you feel that you have reached your goals.
- If face-to-face session is not possible, I can bring my therapy services directly to you in the comfort of your own home via online/video or phone sessions.
- I respond promptly by email, text or phone, whichever you prefer.
About my Supervision:
- I am a fully qualified supervisor having obtained my qualification in clinical supervision on a course endorsed by the BACP.
- I have reached Accredited status of the BACP.
- I supervise both one to one supervisees and also run supervision groups of 6 supervisees weekly for a counselling charity for both qualified and training counsellors to support the counsellor in areas of ethical awareness, exploring and reducing risk and exploring clinical issues in a safe and supportive environment, with adult and couples and children client cases.
- I have extensive expertise in both adult and child counselling and am currently employed as a supervisor and senior counsellor working in many of the local schools in the Havering Borough. I run supervision groups for a local college.
- I teach CPD workshops training both qualified and trainee therapists.
How I work as a Supervisor is informed from the basis of my training whilst completing a degree in Person Centred Approach and then continuing further to complete another degree as an Integrative Practitioner.
I strongly hold the belief that the relationship I aim to form with all supervisees is based on the core conditions of the the Person Centred theory whilst being also supportive, informative, educational, restorative and reflective, which will aim to monitor the professional and personal development of the supervisee.
My Integrative training which includes Psychodynamic Approach, Cognitive Behaviourial Therapy, Focusing Techniques, Play Therapy and Neuroscience for counsellors, will offer an overall Holistic Approach which the supervisee may draw upon in order to inform and enhance their learning.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Accredited Member of the BACP.
- Diploma in Counselling skills.
- Foundation Degree in Person Centred Counselling.
- BSc Hons Degree Integrative Counselling.
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision.
- Facilitate supervision groups.
- Author in Bereavement Research.
- Training & Certificate in Couples Counselling.
- Training & Certificate in play therapy/ arts therapy.
- Fully trained in CBT, Neuroscience, Focusing Therapy, Mindfulness, Person Centred & Integrative Practice.
- Training with PTSD.
- Training in self-harming.
- Training with anxiety & depression.
- Training with anger management.
- Provide training for qualified & therapists in training.
- I am a successful publisher researching the issues surrounding bereavement.
- I hold full insurance and CRB checked to an enhanced level.
- Honorary Degree level qualification in Psychotherapy & Counselling.
- Highly trained in personal therapeutic work.
- 5 years training in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Counselling is a unique type of relationship which creates the opportunity for you to gain insight and understanding in a safe and supportive space through talking and being fully heard and not judged.
- Therapy works best through an accepting, supportive, challenging and safe relationship with the aim to help you move forward in life with a more positive and healthier approach.
- We will look at how we can use our time together to help you gain different perspectives with your present concerns.
- If we both feel that working together feels right for you we can negotiate either working long-term or short-term (6 weeks).
- We will review your progress weekly.
- If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call or email me anytime during the week and weekends.
- My fee is £25-£45 per session.
- I offer a FREE 10 minute initial consultation.
- Remember I am here to help.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD)
- Avoidant Personality
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Childhood Issues
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Conduct Disorder (CD)
- Couple Relationships
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Impulse Control Disorders (ICD)
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Integration of Experience
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Physical Abuse
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
- Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytic Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Art Therapy
Write a Review of Person Centred Counselling & Supervision
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.