About Pete Smith Counselling
I am a counsellor based in Alton in Hampshire.
I offer 50 minute sessions either face to face, by phone or skype based.
I offer a safe space where you can explore any issues or problems which you may be experiencing in your life. No problem is too small and you will not be judged.
I specialise in depression and anxiety and low self esteem and also work with many other issues including anger, workplace and relationship issues, addiction, stress, anger and many more.
I offer a low cost initial session where we can meet and decide whether working together would suit you.
I believe in a collaborative approach to working together and I believe in the power of the therapeutic relationship over and above any specific techniques. My aim is to work with you to help you tackle the problems you are experiencing.
My training, work experience and any achievement
I am an experienced therapist with a background gained in a variety of settings:
- Primary Care (GP Surgery) where I worked extensively with patients suffering from anxiety, depression, low self esteem, bereavement and health related issues.
- Drug and Alcohol
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) where I work with workplace related issues such as stress.
- Private practice where I work with all of the above plus many other issues such as anger and relationships.
- Sixth Form College where I have worked with self harm and other issues related to this sometimes difficult stage of life.
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Theory
- Trained in CBT by the prestigious Oxford Centre for Cognitive Therapy
- Extensive training in Attachment Theory
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Avoidant Personality
- Career Counselling
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Disease
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Drug Abuse
- Family Problems
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Integration of Experience
- Internet Addiction
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mens Issues
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Pet Bereavement
- Relationship Problems
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Addiction
- Sleep Disorders
- Social Phobia
- Somatogenic Psychosis
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
- Addiction Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £40.00/session
- Counselling: £40.00/session
- Psychotherapy: £40.00/session
Special Online Booking Offers
Our initial meeting will be reduced price so that we get the chance to meet one another and decide whether working together suits you.
Write a Review of Pete Smith
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.