About Mr. Alan Wilson
- I am experienced in trauma, addiction, anxiety, bereavement, depression, loneliness & isolation and low self esteem.
- Your well-being is everything and you will always be welcomed in a quiet, comfortable, safe and relaxing space.
- Whatever your reason for seeking help, I’ll listen and support you at every stage.
- With the right counsellor, the right therapy and your willingness to change, you are on the right path to feeling better.
- I provide online/virtual and face-to-face flexible appointments with free 30 minute telephone intoductory consultation with no obligation.
- Since you are probably in a very difficult place and want to make positive changes in your life. - Then our therapy sessions will be more about you than me.
- I see each person as unique, with unique story and future.
- Listening and hearing are among my greatest strengths as a Counsellor.
- You will be heard and understood without judgement.
- My professional Counselling is someone you can really trust, who empathises with your situation and is committed to helping you to the next stage in your life.
Why choose me?
- I’m a person-centred counsellor which means that I focus on how you are right now.
- There are no tests or homework to keep you busy and prolong the sessions.
- I know what I am doing and do it very well.
- I have myself had to navigate many challenges over the years, giving me additional tools and insights.
- I have worked in industry then in adult education, with people who wanted to make a better life for themselves, indigenous, new citizens, including refugees and asylum seekers.
- My track record is of being fully committed to each individual and supporting them throughout their journey.
- That makes me different from many other therapists for you to choose me.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Theory and Practice
- BACP Registration
- South Yorkshire Conference - To explore and share good practice around issues of prostitution and sexual exploitation.
- Northern Refugee Council (Training event) Wakefield - Working with women seeking asylum and refugees who have been affected by rape and sexual violence.
- Starting and maintaining your own private counselling practice.
- I worked with Asylum Seekers and Refugees at the Central Health Clinic in Sheffield.
- I completed year long placements at the Sheffield University Counselling Service and in a North Sheffield G.P. Surgery for Sheffield Health and Social Care Trust.
- I work in a private practice.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Person-Centred Therapy
- Life Coaching
Write a Review of Scottish Borders Person-Centred Therapy
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.