About Sara Lindsay Humanistic Counsellor in Guildford
Making contact with a counsellor could feel like a daunting prospect, however, you’re now making a big first step to getting real help with what’s troubling you.
Perhaps you are feeling confused, isolated, alone, unable to cope, or worried about a situation or feelings that you are having? You might be feeling unsure of what to do, but perhaps talking will help? You could be someone who has undertaken counselling before and is looking for another counsellor to work with this time round?
Or, perhaps you know exactly what’s wrong but everything you’ve tried so far to change things hasn’t worked out?
Counselling can help if:
• You’d like to have a support working partner to help you make changes in your life.
• You’d like to get someone’s perspective on things who is objective, understanding and who will not judge you someone who isn’t a family member or close friend.
• You want some space and time to explore your feelings, make some sense of them in a way you haven’t before.
I hope that what I have to offer may be of use to you. I have 10 years experience working with a variety of issues, including:
• Alcohol & Drug recovery
• Stress and Anxiety
• Relationship issues: 1-1 work and couples counselling
• Personal Development: making the most of who you are
• Grief and terminal illness
• Major life changes including redundancy
• History of physical, sexual, mental and emotional abuse
• Young People’s issues: finding your identity, family and peer issues
• Personal Identify: including life choices, cross-dressing
• Working with counselling students to complete statutory counselling hours
• Telephone and/or Skype Counselling
All of the above is about our human adjustment to loss and change that can apply to just about anyone of us
I work from a comfortable, confidential ground floor room from my home in Burpham, Guildford. I have daytime and evening appointments available Monday - Friday.
My practice is easily reached from central Guildford, Godalming, Merrow, Clandon, Jacobs Well, Woking, Horsley, Cobham, Weybridge, Effingham, Send, Walton-on-Thames, Milford and Cranleigh.
My training, work experience and any achievement
I have studied for three years, gaining an Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling at Guildford College. Since then I gained my professional accreditation with the BACP.
I have also obtained a Post-Graduate Diploma in Clinical Supervision, meaning I am qualified to advise and guide other counsellors in their client work.
I have been working in the counselling industry for about 10 years now. In that time I have gained skills and experience in the following settings:
- I have run my own private practice since 2005
- drug and alcohol
treatment in men’s prison
- terminal illness counselling in The Fountain Centre, Royal Surrey County Hospital
- grief counselling in Sam Beare Hospice, Weybridge
- local low-cost counselling in Old Woking
- young people’s charity based in Fleet
- designed and run professional training sessions and Diploma courses in counselling for RAPt (Rehabilitation of
Addicted Prisoners Trust) and Guildford College
I have a special interest in working alongside my clients as they take a life-changing journey towards personal development and self improvement.
I also have substantial experience in grief work, addictions work and relationship issues.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Career Counselling
- Couple Relationships
- Cultural Issues
- Drug Abuse
- Gay Issues
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Midlife Crisis
- Personal Growth
- Pet Bereavement
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Same Sex Relationships
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Terminal Illness
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £40/session
- Counselling: £40/session
Special Online Booking Offers
Your initial consultation session is offered to you at £20.
Thereafter sessions are £40 for a full hour (not 50 mins)
A discount is offered to those having served in the Armed Forces. Please make contact for further details.
Write a Review of Mrs. Sara Lindsay
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.