About Rachel Brant
Sometimes it just really helps to talk.
I offer a safe, non-judgmental space where you can talk in complete confidence.
I am a Counsellor working with individuals and couples in Private Practice from my home in Rode on the outskirts of Frome. I worked for a number of years as a counsellor in the NHS, as a Relationship Counsellor with the organisation Relate and as a Student Counsellor at Bath University. I have a particularly interest in the couple relationship: the couple dynamic and its challenge to growth, I work towards a clearer understanding of the couple relationship and an understanding of the couples original "fit".
The relationship I build with my clients offers acceptance, a space for self discovery and change.
I offer short term focused work, usually for a particular problem or difficulty and longer term Counselling which looks at deeply ingrained patterns of relating and underlying issues and experiences, often from the past, which may contribute to your present difficulties.
I hold BCPC’s Diploma in Humanistic & Integrative Counselling and am BACP Accredited and UKRCP Registered.
Whatever your concerns you bring to counselling , the emphasis is on offering you a supportive and accepting space in which you can reach a clearer understanding of yourself and your present situation, helping you to find your own answers.
- Individual & Couples Counselling.
- Relationship Issues
- Relationship Difficulties and breakdown.
- Difficulties arising from patterns of relating to others.
- Anxiety, depression or stress.
- Inner Conflict.
- Loss & Bereavement
- Issues from childhood
- Issues that affect young people/students.
How I Work:
- I believe that the relationship that develops between the client and counsellor is at the core of the therapeutic work. This relationship can be both reparative and supportive as you explore painful or difficult issues in your life.
- As an integrative counsellor I draw on a number of different theoretical frameworks which I have integrated into my working approach and which inform my practice. I see our experience of early attachment as shaping our experiences of relating in later life. Working with and understanding these experiences can help us to understand our relationships and move on in our lives, helping us to relate in more fulfilling and helpful ways.
- The counselling I offer is tailored to your needs as an individual or as a couple seeking help and support. At an initial session we explore together the issues that you bring and whether the approach I offer feels right for you. We can discuss what you would like to gain from Counselling and whether it is right for you at this moment. We can also make an initial agreement on the length of commitment.
- I offer both long and short term Counselling, usually provided in once-a-week 60 minute sessions for individuals & couples.
My training, work experience and any achievement
I hold a Diploma in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling (bcpc) in addition to a B.Sc (Hons) Degree. I have additional Training as a couple counsellor.
I am an Accredited Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and am bound by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am registered with UKRCP.
I am a Graduate Member of bcpc ( Bath Centre for Psycotherapy and Counselling)) and am a member of their Training Committee.
I currently work as a Practice Counsellor within the NHS and in Private Practice with both Individuals & Couples.
In addition I have over six years experience working in a University Student Counselling Service.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Couple Counselling
- Relationships are fundamental to our wellbeing; a place of safety, love, sexual and emotional fulfillment.
- However there are times when relationship can feel surrounded in great pain and confusion. The relationship stuck in repetative patterns that seem destructive to the two people involved. It can be difficult to understand what is happening. The couple become confused and disappointed in the dream they shared together.
- Couples often come to counselling in crisis or transition with something in the relationship needing to end and something needing to grow.
- I offer a safe, confidential space where you can both feel heard and understood. I can support you as a couple as we explore together painful and difficult experiences and gain a better understanding of the relationship dynamics. I can help you both make sense of the experience of your relationship, what it has been and what it is now. I hope to help you clarify the issues in your relationship which are causing difficulty and to help you make clear decisions for the future.
- When a relationship ends counselling can help to facilitate a dialoge between partners aimed at resolving communication issues in the future, particularly where children are involved. Counselling can help the couple feel more in control of what is happening, can support them in thinking through how they want to end the relationship in a way that enables each partner to move on in their respective lives.
- Some of the issues bought to Couple Counselling:
- Trust issues: Affairs and betrayal
- Changes in life stages: eg Birth of a child/Children leaving home/retirement.
- Changes in life circumstances
- Stuck patterns of relating
- Negotiations around Sex, Money, individual needs.
- Lack of intimacy/growing apart.
- Seperation & Divorce
- Negotiation with ex partners/stepchildren
- Understanding Patters of Relating
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Couple Relationships
- Family Problems
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Relationship Problems
- Self Development
- Sexual Abuse
- Stress Management
- Terminal Illness
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
- Counselling: £45.00/session
- Psychotherapy: £45.00/session
Special Online Booking Offers
I am happy to have an initial telephone conversation to make initial contact and so that you can get an idea of what it might be like to work with me. It is important that I feel like the right person for you.
Write a Review of Rachel Brant
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.