About Your Safe Harbour
- Counselling and psychotherapy at Your Safe Harbour is a safe space to come to have time to reflect on your situation and decide what, if anything, you need to change, and how you might find your way through.
- If your problems stem from something that happened a long time ago, or from repeating patterns of behaviour, then psychotherapy at Your Safe Harbour can help.
About Elissa Vale
- As a qualified and registered psychotherapist and counsellor, I would be happy to meet with you for an initial session, during which you could see if I am the person who can help you through.
- There is no obligation and no contract unless you decide to go ahead with the work.
- You only pay for the one session. Anything you tell me will be kept private, unless someone is in immediate danger, full details of confidentiality can be discussed when we meet.
- If you would like to know more, or find out if I’d be the right person for you to work with, then please call me to arrange an initial session, for us to meet and discuss your needs.
- If you are then happy to continue, we will arrange a weekly session lasting 50 minutes.
- The work will vary in length depending on your issues, lasting anything from 1 session to 2 or 3 years.
- Having also worked with young people for many years, I will be happy to work with anyone aged 12 to 18, if they are able to make use of counselling.
- The work will normally not be long term as, with younger people, my aim is to enable them to manage their lives, without counselling, as soon as possible and young people tend to change more quickly than adults.
- For those who are interested, I work integratively and humanistically.
- I am informed by Existential, Transactional Analysis, Gestalt, Person-Centred and Psychoanalytical theories.
- I am a registered HIP Therapist with UKCP and am a registered member of BACP (MBACP).
- I have qualifications in both Counselling and Psychotherapy as well as Teaching, Training and Psychology.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- For over the last 20 years I have had a private practice working with clients from 12 to 80, couples and groups.
- I also run training courses for businesses, schools, colleges, Head teachers and teachers.
- As an associate of the Coventry and Warwickshire Collaborative Solicitors Group, I offer counselling to individuals who are separated or divorcing and work with couples on how they can maintain a good relationship with their children after they no longer live together.
- I have worked for Relate with young people affected by separation and divorce.
- I have done a lot of work with individuals and couples who are having or considering having infertility treatment, donor eggs/sperm/ both and surrogacy.
- I also have worked for both Hertfordshire and Warwickshire as a school counsellor in Secondary schools.
- My training included a community based centre where clients ranged from those who had difficulties with everyday life to those who were terminally ill and those living with sick or dying relatives. I also worked for many years in a young peoples’ counselling centre (13-25) with all issues.
- I am UKCP registered and also a Registered Member of BACP.
- A Post Graduate Diploma In Psychotherapy and Counselling (2001)
- An Advanced Diploma In Psychotherapy and Counselling (2000)
- A Certificate in Integrative Counselling In Psychotherapy and Counselling(1998)
- A PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate of Education) (Teaching qualification) (1987)
- A BSc Hons degree in Psychology and Philosophy (1985)
- Counselling: £70 per session
- Psychotherapy: £70 per session
- Couples & Relationship Counselling: £90 per session
- Family Therapy: £130 per session
- As I have been fully trained to work as a telephone counsellor and psychotherapist, this is also available as an alternative to those who find travel difficult or just prefers it than to face to face meetings specially during difficult times.
- Free 15 minute telephone consultation if you quote Natural Therapy Pages when calling.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD)
Multiple pregnancy partial miscarriage
Donor/Double Donor IVF
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Bisexual Issues
- Career Counselling
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Couple Relationships
- Cultural Issues
- Family Problems
- Gay Issues
- Lesbian Issues
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Managerial Consultancy
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Pet Bereavement
- Physical Abuse
- Physical Illness
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Same Sex Relationships
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Terminal Illness
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
- Stress Management
Write a Review of Elissa Vale
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.