About Kerry Williams Dip.Counselling & Psychotherapy MBACP
Hello and thank you for visiting my profile.
For most of us there are times in our lives when we need support to deal with difficult emotional issues. Talking to friends and family can be very effective, but sometimes they can’t help and that maybe because the issue feels too difficult to talk about. This is when recognising the need for help and seeking professional therapy is a sign of strength and determination to live a productive, positive and meaningful life.
Finding someone you can trust and feel at ease with is important, for this reason the quality of the relationship between counsellor and client is the key to successful therapy. I would be happy to speak to you by telephone which would provide you with the opportunity to ask any questions, explore what it is you wish to gain from therapy and to decide if I am the right counsellor for you.
My aim is to provide a safe, supportive, empathic, non-threatening environment. Where you can talk freely in confidence and without fear of judgement, about any aspect of yourself or your life, that may be difficult or painful. Giving an opportunity to explore feelings and create positive change for yourself.
Moving at your own pace, I will work with you to help deepen your self awareness and feel more empowered in your life.
I am now offering Walk and Talk Therapy. I would be very happy to speak to you about this lovely therapy and answer any questions you may have in depth.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I offer one to one sessions on a time-limited or long term basis.
- I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and work within their Ethical Framework. I undergo regular supervision with a qualified, experienced Supervisor. I have a current CRB Certificate and am fully insured.
My qualifications are;
- Certificate in Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
Training courses I have attended include;
- Domestic Violence
- Suicide Intervention
- Mental Health in Adolescents and Adults
- Rape and Sexual Abuse in Adults and Children
- Working with Vulnerable Children and their Families
- Working with Sight Impaired Adults
- Treating OCD
- Safeguarding Children
- Self Acceptance
- Talking to bereaved people
- Working with survivors of domestic abuse, male and female
I am committed to my ongoing professional and educational development and attend regular training to broaden and deepen my practice.
My practice is based in Cwmbran and has easy access to public transport and free on-site parking.
I also work with children and adolescents in my capacity as a Schools Counsellor. Furthermore I enjoyed working in the past to gain experience as a volunteer counsellor with Torfaen Women’s Aid, supporting victims of domestic abuse, and the Cwmbran Centre for Young People between the ages of 12 to 25.
I work as an Agency Counsellor for Gwent Police, working with their Police Officers and Staff. I also work with a number of Employee Assistance Companies, Health Insurance Companies and run how a clinic at St Joseph’s Private Hospital. I am an affiliated counsellor with the charity Wish Upon A Star.
- Appointments are charged at £50 per 50 minute session and are available weekdays.
Couples £60 Families £60
- Telephone Counselling available: £50 per 50 minute session
- E Mail Counselling £50 per hour session
- Life Coaching £60
Walk and Talk Therapy £50 per hour session...Please contact me for further information about this lovely therapy.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Career Counselling
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Couple Relationships
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mental Health Problems
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Pet Bereavement
- Physical Abuse
- Physical Illness
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- (Online & Telephone Sessions Available) Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Life Coaching
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £50.00/session
- Counselling: £50.00/session
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): £65/session
- Psychotherapy: £65/session
- Life Coaching: £65/session
Write a Review of Ms. Kerry Williams
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.