About Valerie Hargrave Counselling
Many people want to protect those they love so they try to cope with their problems on their own, unfortunately they may find that they are neglecting their own needs. My aim is to provide a safe, confidential space for people who have found that their usual strategies for coping have started to become less helpful or perhaps even harmful to them.
I am an experienced practitioner, working with a number of different counselling models to find a way that is most helpful to the client. I am based in Purley, a 10 minute walk from Purley Station, and on the 412 bus route. There is parking available directly outside the premises. Sessions are available throughout the week including Saturdays and Sundays.
The initial session will be an opportunity for you to talk about what is happening for you and for us to explore if we can work together.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Qualified therapist and experienced practitioner.
- Accredited Member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy).
- Using a number of different Counselling models and will utilise what is best for you.
- Has ethical framework for good practice.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Certificate in Humanities
- Bachelor of Arts
- Trained at CSTD
- 7 eyed model
- Reduced fee of £30 per session whilst I complete the hours I need to get my supervision qualification
- Motivational Interviewing (IDAS)
- Drug & Alcohol
- Domestic Violence / Abuse Assessment & Intervention (Relate)
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Domestic Violence
- Family Problems
- Low Self Esteem
- Panic Attacks
- Physical Illness
- Self Harm
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Counselling: £50/session
- Psychotherapy: £50/session
- Supervision: £30/session
Write a Review of Ms. Valerie Hargrave
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.