About Eleos Counselling
Why come to Eleos Counselling?
- You’re likely looking at this because you are hurting or looking for a resolution to life issues or else those issues are now too hard for you to handle alone and you need to talk to someone.
- Eleos counselling can help you sort through what is getting in the way of you having a fully fruitful and joyful life.
- Experience has shown that people feel overwhelmed, when they don’t have a full awareness of how they continue to repeat patterns learnt earlier in life.
What kind of counselling style or approach, do we use?
- At Eleos counseling the therapeutic approach is Humanistic as I believe that you as an individual and that you have all the resources you need for life, that it is in discovering these inner resources you will find the key to a more contented well being.
- I also believe that as an individual,therapy should be tailored to your individual needs. I certainly don’t use a one size fits all approach.
How does counselling/psychotherapy work?
- In our work together, we, jointly, can help you enhance your moment by moment awareness, decreasing that sense of being overwhelmed by life, increasing your ability to make changes that you want to make.
- I also understand that some problems, do not require looking into one’s past and are more about here-and-now life circumstances, I work hard to distinguish between different types of concerns in thinking about each individual’s therapeutic needs.
Doesn’t something really have to be wrong before I come to therapy?
- Going to therapy does not mean that you are “crazy”; quite the opposite, it means that you are acknowledging that you have a problem in your life that you would like to deal with, rather than letting it get worse.
- It takes courage to go and talk to a therapist, but the rewards are usually worth the risk of telling someone else about your life.
Is there anything else I should know?
- The most important ingredient of successful therapy is a therapeutic relationship.
- My style is to engage, challenge, support and motivate.
- I bring to my practice a passion for helping individuals, couples to help them understand their strengths.
- Experience has found that through counselling people often find a lost sense of self which may have been misled on life’s journey.
- I believe, through the therapeutic process, that individuals learn to embrace their true potential and find meaning and harmony in their world.
- In my practice I provide compassionate, positive, and ethical Counselling while creating a non-judgmental, safe environment.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- BA honors (counselling) University of Greenwich London
- Foundation Degree (Humanistic Counselling) University of Greenwich London
- NCFE level I Certificate in interpersonal skills.
- NCFE level II Certificate in counselling skills.
- NCFE level III Certificate in counselling skills and theory
- My experience includes working with individuals, couples, families.
-I have had the privilege to work with clients through a range of issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder (P.T.S.D) ,substance misuse, men’s issues, compulsive gambling, anger management, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (O.C.D) and terminal illness, bereavement, long-term disability and issues relating to the older population.
- I have worked together with clients on issues such as self-esteem and low self-confidence and clients with child related issues.
- I have in the past worked with clients which have HIV/AIDS and other medical problems, and clients which have suffered from emotional abuse, self harm, work-related issues, I have, additionally, performed crisis intervention when needed.
- Regardless of what you would like to work on, I will be committed to helping you reach your goals.
- In my practice, I operate a sliding scale whereby nobody is excluded from accessing counselling, this ranges from the minimum fee of £20.00.
- Proof of low income will be required to gain access to a lowered fee.
- I offer a free 20 minute consultation before starting counselling, so that, your concerns about undertaking counselling can be addressed and whether we can work both together, on whatever is concerning you.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Write a Review of Mr. Tony Larkin
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.