About Fiona Lambert
As a Counsellor and Psychotherapist with over 20 years experience of working in private practice and the NHS, I understand how emotional difficulties can affect every aspect of life; relationships, work, as well as the way you feel about yourself. It can lead to feelings of anxiety, depression, irritability and a general dissatisfaction with life.
For many people the thought of meeting with a psychotherapist can be daunting. You might be worried that your problems are not serious enough or you can find no obvious reason to explain why you feel this way. Other people may have a clear idea of why they are struggling but having this knowledge has not prevented them from suffering or behaving in ways which they find unhelpful but keep repeating.
My role is to provide a confidential and secure space to help explore these difficulties and so gain a greater understanding of the underlying causes. This can provide a sense of relief, enable changes to be made and give you a greater sense of control over your life.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I am a registered Psychotherapist and Counsellor with over 20 years experience.
- I currently work in private practice and have previously worked for many years in the NHS.
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapist at Westminster Pastoral Foundation, London.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling at Westminster Pastoral Foundation, London.
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling at Westminster Pastoral Foundation, London.
- Developing Supervision Skills at British Psychotherapy Foundation.
- Training therapist for trainee counsellors.
- Supervisor of trainee and qualified counsellors.
- Therapist in psychological service for patients with medical/physical health problems such as cancer or trauma following the birth of a baby.
- NHS Specialist in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services working with parents who have anxieties about their children’s emotional wellbeing and/or behaviour.
- The first meeting is generally a longer appointment up to 90 minutes.
- This gives us time for me to hear more about you and the difficulties that have caused you to seek help and for you to get a sense of the way I work.
- At the end of the appointment we can discuss what would be helpful going forward and for any questions you may have.
- Each session will be 50 minutes and will be on the same day and time each week.
- The fee is £50 per session.
- I work weekdays and evenings.
- My consulting room is in central Chelmsford.
- I provide face to face (not currently), telephone and online therapy sessions.
- Do call or email me if you would like to discuss treatment or to arrange an initial appointment.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Online Talk Therapy
- Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytic Therapy
Write a Review of Chelmsford Counselling, Psychotherapy & Supervision
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.