About Jane Palmer
Areas of Speciality
Your counselling session is designed to best suit your needs whether it be a specific issue or a more complex problem.
I offer a safe, secure and confidential environment for you to explore issues such as:
• Low Self-Esteem – Counselling can help you develop a positive sense of self so you can lead a more fulfilling life.
• Stress – If excessive pressures from the outside world are causing you physical, psychological and emotional strain, counselling can help you identify and manage that stress effectively.
• Depression – We can help with the negative feelings and emotions of depression and allow you to address the underlying causes.
• Anxiety – Prolonged anxiety prevents you living the life you want. Counselling can help regulate and remove feelings of anxiety.
• Abuse issues – The physical and psychological impact of abuse can have devastating effects. We can provide a safe and confidential environment for you to talk through your experiences.
• Relationship Problems – If you have problems with family or your partner, we can help you identify and address issues in your relationship.
• Bereavement – If you’re experiencing the effects of deep loss and grief, counselling provides a non-judgemental way for you to express your feelings.
These are just some the issues we commonly see in counselling and can help with, but there are many more.
If there is something not listed here that you are having difficulties overcoming we may be able to help.
What to expect
When you first make contact we normally offer an appointment within a week. You may find your first session nerve-wracking but it is an important part of the process. The appointment will be a chance for us to meet and understand what has brought you to counselling and to decide if we can work together so further sessions will be beneficial.
Subsequent counselling sessions will be an opportunity for you to explore feelings, thoughts and emotions more deeply so you can begin to identify the underlying causes of your issue. With this greater understanding we can then begin to focus on resolving or managing your particular problem and developing skills to help you manage your life more positively and effectively.
Everything that is discussed in a session is kept strictly confidential. There could be an exception to this if we believed that someone was at risk of serious harm however in that case we would discuss that with you first and foremost.
I am a fully qualified Counsellor located in Fairwater, Cardiff. I typically see clients from the nearby surrounding areas. Our aim is to help you identify, understand and overcome problems which are causing difficulty in your life. Whatever the issue you bring I can help you find a way to look at it more clearly so you make positive improvements.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Domestic Violence
- Family Problems
- Gay Issues
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Relationships
- Pet Bereavement
- Physical Abuse
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Same Sex Relationships
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Emotional Abuse
Special Online Booking Offers
£35 per session fully waged
£20 per session unwaged or student
Home visits by arrangement no extra charge for home visits locally.
Free assessment session by arrangement
Write a Review of Jane Palmer
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.