About Caroline Sutton - Dip. Counselling & Psychotherapy MNCS (acc)
Hello and welcome to my profile.
We all find times in our lives when we encounter difficulties or we are struggling to cope in our usual ways. Counselling can help by giving you the opportunity to talk to a trained professional.
I am a warm, positive counsellor committed to helping you the client, find the right pathway towards reaching your full potential in life. I believe that by understanding issues faced in life we can ultimately move forward with renewed and enriched perspectives. I am enthusiastic, caring and sensitive to others’ needs and offer a confidential, supportive and non-judgemental space for you to talk about what is troubling you, all within a safe environment.
The relationship between counsellor and client is based on reciprocal trust and this relationship can make the difference between a good or bad counselling experience. My aim is for you to feel as comfortable as possible within the counselling setting - if you feel comfortable then you are more able to fully express yourself, which is vital for you to achieve what you need. I am both friendly and professional and committed to my work with a passion.
Working with you, I will help you identify ways to find solutions to problems whilst developing your understanding of self-awareness and self- development.
If you have decided to try counselling, you might be feeling anxious about your first session. Making the decision to get help and address the issues you are facing is an important first step and should be commended. Knowing what to expect from a counselling session should help you feel more prepared and less nervous about your first appointment and I would be happy to speak to you by telephone to answer any questions you may have.
The number of counselling sessions may vary from brief solution focussed therapy or longer.
I chose to train as a counsellor after having had successful counselling that gave me great insight into my life and my choices.
I offer one to one sessions on a time-limited or long term basis.
My practice is based in Magor and has easy access to public transport and parking.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I am a member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) Accredited Membership and work within their Ethical Framework.
- I undergo regular clinical supervision with a qualified, experienced Supervisor. I have a current CRB certificate and am fully insured.
- I am committed to my on-going professional and educational development and attend regular training to broaden and deepen my practice.
- Prior to private practice, my career was within the police service working with people from all walks of life facing a range of sometimes complex and often difficult problems.
- In addition, I have 2 years’ experience of being a volunteer counsellor for Victim Support, dealing with a wide variety of issues.
My qualifications are;
- Certificate in Counselling
- Diploma in Brief Therapy
- Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Loss and Grief
- Diploma in Therapeutic Practice
- NCS Certificate of Proficiency
Training courses I have attended include;
- Child Protection Policies and Practice
- Equality and Diversity
- Hate Crime
- Lone Working and Safeguarding
- Mental Health in Adolescents and Adults
- Victims of Domestic Abuse
Appointments are charged at £40 per 60 minutes and are available weekdays and early evenings, with some weekends.
Telephone Counselling: First 15 minute session free, thereafter £40 per 60 minute session.
Email Counselling: First 15 minute session free, thereafter £40 per 60 minute session.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Online Talk Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Stress Management
- Life Coaching
Write a Review of
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.