About Mary O’Neill Counselling & Psychotherapy
Are you currently facing a crisis in your life?
Are you having to deal with a painful situation such as a bereavement or redundancy or perhaps the loss of a relationship?
It may simply be that you feel your life is out of control, stress and worry are costing you peace of mind and it is having an impact on your health. You may feel more tired, less able to eat and you may feel all the fun has gone out of your life. Its not that your family and friends can’t help it may be that you don’t want to worry them.
I believe that counselling is an effective way to help you deal with problems that arise in your life. I offer a safe non-judgmental space where you can confront the difficulties you’re facing and build up your internal strength so that you can gain control of your life again.
I also offer EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) for the treatment of trauma symptoms including PTSD. This is a NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) recommended treatment and is extremely effective for the treatment of symptoms following trauma such as car accidents, assault and rape.
I am a BACP accredited counsellor and psychotherapist operating a private counselling practice called Amaranth Counselling based in Cockenzie in East Lothian. I offer short and long term counselling to individuals and couples.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- BACP Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- EMDR Accredited Practitioner
- MSc. Transactional Analysis Counselling (Queen Margaret - University, Edinburgh)
- I trained in Edinburgh at the Counselling and Psychotherapy Training Institute (now Physis Training) and gained my Counselling Diploma in 2006.
- I established my private counselling practice, Amaranth Counselling, in 2007 in Edinburgh and then moved to Cockenzie in East Lothian in 2010 where I continue to work at the Cockenzie Business Centre.
- I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor with extensive experience as a workplace counsellor focusing specifically on the impact of workplace bullying on mental health.
- I specialise in working with the targets of workplace bullying and this was the subject of my Master thesis in 2015. It continues to be an area of research interest for me and I have extensive knowledge about the traumatic impact on mental health.
- I have offer EMDR, as a treatment for trauma and PTSD
- Prior to becoming a Counsellor, I worked as a research scientist in the field of genetics and I am a qualified biology teacher. I teach biology and physiology at Edinburgh College on a part time basis and use my extensive knowledge of biology to help clients with anxiety and trauma.
If you are experiencing a hostile work environment and feel you are being bullied by a manager or co-worker, please get in contact, do not suffer in silence. Bullying is an insidious process which can have a serious impact on mental health.
I have developed a counselling strategy that I believe is effective and will help to empower you to help you make decisions about your situation.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Couple Relationships
- Eating Disorders
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Managerial Consultancy
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Mental Health Problems
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Relationships
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Life Coaching
- Counselling: £45/session
- EMDR: £45.00/session
- Psychotherapy: £45/session
- Life Coaching: £110/session
Write a Review of Mary O’Neill
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.