About Marilyn Finch
- I do not apply a rigid approach but strive to find within the techniques that are already studied and experienced.
- My aim is to support you and be with you in a non-judgemental way.
- My therapy will allow you to work on current problems and worries that are important to you and where appropriate, in working towards reassessing your life and your beliefs.
- We will work together in a way that is helpful to you in finding what you need in order to feel, think or behave in a more satisfying way and in nurturing your relationships and sense of belonging.
- Our sessions will be guided mindfully, in a collaborative therapeutic relationship.
- I have been in private practice for more than 20 years now.
- I have a private practice in Brighton and Henfield.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- My work is informed by my training and experience as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and a Person-Centered Counsellor.
- Masters Level Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist at University of Brighton.
- Masters Level Person-Centered Counsellor at University of Brighton.
- My further training and qualifications in EMDR and Cognitive Behaviour Trauma-Focused Therapy has enhanced my work as a specialist in PTSD and trauma memory.
- My practice is also influenced by interest, experience and learning of Mindfulness.
- Supervisor at Canterbury and Christchurch University.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychological Therapies.
- I’m also supervising individual and group for trainees, graduate counsellors and psychotherapists.
- Trainer and Organiser for the Clinicians CBT course at New Road Consultancy.
- 10 years Lead Therapist at The Priory Hospital.
- 20 plus years working with addictions and substance misuse, both with clients and their significant others.
I work with individuals, couples and groups across all areas of mental conditions and disorders, e.g.
- Eating Disorders
- Relationship issues, including Couples disputes.
Contact me for a free initial consultation.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Person-Centered Counselling
- Life Coaching
- Gestalt Therapy
- Humanistic psychotherapy
Write a Review of Person-Centered Counselling & Psychotherapy
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.