About Joel Korn
2-Life is my private counselling practice based in Finchley, North London.
As a qualified Integrative Counsellor and Supervisor, I offer counselling, group therapy, training and supervision.
For the last fourteen years I have worked in the fields of health, social care and youth work. Since 1999, I have delivered training in the voluntary and statutory sectors.
My specialisms are sexuality; sex and relationships counselling for adults living with learning difficulties; sexual health; relationship issues; trans-cultural issues and living with long-term health conditions.
I have worked therapeutically as a counsellor around a range of presenting issues including: Assertiveness, Life changes; Relationships; Work; Coming Out; Loneliness; Friendships; Work; Sexual Health; Depression and Anxiety, among many others.
All the services 2-Life provides are in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- A Gestalt Approach to Working with Children and Adolescents (A week intensive course)| April 2014
- Certified Psychotherapeutic Supervisor| LCCTA 2013
- Essential in sexual minority therapy| Pink Therapy - Completed Autumn 2011
- Diploma in Applied Groupwork Skills| WPF – London Bridge 2011
- VQ2 Health Trainer| GMI 2009
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling| Lambeth College 2008
- Intermediate Counselling Skills/ Studies| Lambeth College 2006
- Introduction to Basic Counselling Skills Course| Lambeth College 2003
I am happy to offer both short-term (6 to 12), and long term sessions. I offer individual and group therapy and work with a broad spectrum of clients.
Short-term work can be looking at a specific area of your life where you may have a goal to work towards or a specific area of your life that you may need to look at.
Long-term work offers you a space to explore areas of your life as they come up, though this may also include looking at specific goals that you may want to work towards.
I have been provided group work in various settings for over a decade. This has included conducting therapeutic groups in the voluntary and community sector. Groups can offer a space to look at a specific issue. For example, assertiveness, dealing with difficult emotions, living with depression, or a long term illness, or interpersonal relating.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bisexual Issues
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Disease
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Abuse
- Family Problems
- Gay Issues
- Gender Identity Disorders
- HIV and AIDS
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Internet Addiction
- Learning Difficulties
- Lesbian Issues
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Mens Issues
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Physical Illness
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Same Sex Relationships
- Schizoid Personality Disorder
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Terminal Illness
- Transgender Issues
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Stress Management
- Counselling: £40.00/session
- Stress Management: £60.00/session
Special Online Booking Offers
One to one counselling fees:
My therapy fees are on a sliding scale depending on client’s income and as agreed at assessment stage between £40-60. Some reasonable discounts for those on low incomes or that are students.
Before starting your counselling with me, I invite you to an initial meeting where we can look at what you want to explore. The initial meeting may take up to an hour and twenty minutes and I normally charge a flat fee of £40 for the initial meeting. This offers you an opportunity to discuss any questions you may have. For Natural Therapy for All referrals I will charge a flat fee £30 for the assessment.
Write a Review of Joel Korn
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.