About Frances Hamilton
- I am an experienced counsellor and psychotherapist who has had an extensive and in-depth training.
- I will work with you to help you find your potential and to understand what can get in the way of you moving forward with your life.
- My Jungian training places importance on seeking the essence of who you are.
- I am interested in the conscious and unconscious processes that motivate or constrict the way we live. - Understanding how our learnt patterns of relating came about, can often provide the key to the changes we wish to make.
- What I provide is a safe space within a professional setting for you to explore your world.
- I offer both short term work which may be for a set number of weeks or months and longer term work which can be open ended to suit your needs.
- We will meet once a week for fifty minutes, greater frequency can be arranged if needed.
- The initial session is an exploratory one where all these details can be discussed more fully.
- My consulting room is situated within a therapeutic community in central Bath.
- Parking can be found via Google, the rail and bus stations are within a 10-12 minute walk.
- Bath is easily accessible from the nearby towns of Chippenham, Melksham, Trowbridge, Bradford on Avon, Corsham, and Bristol City.
My training, work experience and any achievement
Throughout the past 18 years I have worked extensively as a counsellor and psychotherapist with sufferers of anxiety and stress, anger, bereavement and loss, depression, eating disorders, low self-esteem, separation and divorce, trauma and abuse, and a wide spectrum of mental health disorders.
I have worked with the charitable organisations of Cruse Bereavement Care (Bath), Southside a community family service, Penny Brohn Cancer Care (Bristol) and Wessex Counselling Service (Frome) an affiliate of Westminster Pastoral Foundation (London).
Since 2001 I have been in extensive further training with the West Midlands Institute of Psychotherapy and worked as a psychotherapist in private practice. I am on the approved list of counsellors and supervisors for the training programmes at Wessex Counselling Service and the Bath Centre for Psychotherapists and Counsellors.
I began working as a clinical supervisor 15 years ago providing supervision for qualified counsellors and those in training, facilitating groups and individuals.
My supervisory experience has been gained through the organisations Southside, Penny Brohn Cancer Care and Wessex Counselling Service.
Since 1999 I have been a post graduate member of Wessex Counselling Service (WPF London) after gaining their Diploma in Counselling.
I am a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP) and abide by their Code of Ethics and Good Practice.
I am also a professional member of West Midlands Institute of Psychotherapy (Jungian Section) registered with UKCP (the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists) and qualified as a Jungian Analytical Psychotherapist. I also abide by their Code of Ethics and Good Practice.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Cultural Issues
- Dependent Personality Disorder (DPD)
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Integration of Experience
- Internet Addiction
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mens Issues
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Physical Abuse
- Physical Illness
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Terminal Illness
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Counselling: £47/session
- Psychotherapy: £47/session
Special Online Booking Offers
- If you are unable to afford my full fee, I am open to discussing with you what might be possible.
- Please feel free to contact me to discuss the "Special Hero’s Clinic" and a discount fee.
- Everyone’s circumstances are different as are your needs at this time.
- I find it is helpful to meet for a one-off session where the fee can be fully considered alongside the context of your story to decide what sort of commitment you wish to make.
Write a Review of Counselling & Psychotherapy
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.