About Rita Harvey MBACP Minerva Talking Therapies
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor and psychotherapist, working in private practice with individual clients and couples. I specialise in the treatment of anxiety and depression and I can work with a variety of issues.
I have a background in Pharmacy so I have an understanding of medication and mental health from a medical perspective.
My way of working is based on the respect and acceptance of each individual and I use Transactional Analysis, cognitive and behavioural therapies (for example, CBT), mindfulness training, relational, humanistic and psychodynamic models in therapy as appropriate.
I see clients either at my practice in central Basingstoke or at my satellite clinic in Chineham.
The first appointment is called "assessment" and it is designed to gather information and for you to have a feel for therapy with myself. This includes 1/2 hour free so it is charged as half price.
Ongoing sessions are usually weekly and charged at the full price.
- counselling, that is usually short term work aimed at resolving current issues
- psychotherapy, longer term work to deal with deep seated or pervasive issues
- mindfulness skillls training
- personal development and personal coaching sessions
- professional development training and peer supervision for therapists
My training, work experience and any achievement
My qualifications and training include:
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- BACP Diploma in Humanistic Counselling based on TA
- BACP Certificate in Humanistic Counselling based on TA
- Advanced TA Psychotherapy training (level 5 - MSc level)
- Relational TA theory and practice
- Psychodynamic and Jungian theories and clinical applications
- Cognitive Behavioural, ACT and DBT
- Mindfulness teaching for therapy clients
- Assessment and DSM
- BSc (Hons) degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology
I am bilingual and can work in English or Italian.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Relaxation Therapy
- Life Coaching
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £40/session
- Counselling: £40/session
- Psychotherapy: £40/session
- Relaxation Therapy: £40.00/session
- Life Coaching: £40/session
Special Online Booking Offers
Assessments - first 1/2 hour free
Write a Review of Ms. Rita Harvey
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.