About SCOTTS Counselling, EMDR & Supervision
I’m interested in working with the whole person and my training and experience has enabled me to develop a style of work which focusses on the unconscious relationship patterns that may have evolved from childhood and how these affect you in the present. As an integrative therapist I draw on a range of different approaches to help me understand the uniqueness of your situation and your experience. I will tailor make my approach to fit with what feels right for you and at a pace that is appropriate for you.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I’m an integrative and creative therapist with 19 years post qualifying experience.
- I’m also a fully qualified EMDR therapist.
- I have worked within the statutory, voluntary and private sector.
- Prior to this I was a Social Worker in a wide range of different fields including Child & Adolescent Mental Health, Paediatrics, Adoption, Maternity, Fostering and Disability.
- I have practised within childcare systems.
- I can facilitate therapeutic reflective groups for foster parents and adoptive parents.
- I have extensive experience of parent / child work.
- I have significant experience of working with children and adults across the life cycle on a wide range of different issues.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Individual & Group Supervision
- Certificated Qualification in Social Work
- Certificate in Childcare and Protection Studies
- Fully Qualified EMDR
- Accredited Practice Teacher
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
- Intensive Filial Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Avoidant Personality
- Childhood Issues
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Conduct Disorder (CD)
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Low Self Confidence
- Mental Health Problems
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Physical Abuse
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Emotional Abuse
Write a Review of Ms. Phyl Cooney
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.