About Ms. Lorraine Williams
- I began my clinical experience in a Refuge for victims of domestic violence, and later as a counsellor for a large school in Sevenoaks, treating young adolescents for anxiety and depression.
- I later took up a full time post with the NHS in an IAPT Compliant Team specialising in a diverse range of client issues, primarily using CBT and Person Centred models for all major anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, health & social anxiety, OCD, GAD, phobias, body dysmorphia and eating disorders.
- I have particular extensive experience working with PTSD, depression using behavioural activation, humanistic counselling for grief, low self-esteem and relationship issues and CBT techniques for young adolescents.
- READ MORE
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- What is CBT?
- How does CBT work?
- Is CBT right for you?
- READ MORE
My training, work experience and any achievement
My previous training and experience:
- As a Director and owner of my own multi-national business.
- As a Law Society Trained Mediator.
- As a Counsellor working with domestic violence and with young adolescents.
- As an Accredited Therapist specialising in anxiety, bereavement, relationships and depression.
- As an Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
This experience has enabled me to:
- Develop key skills in assessing mental health and psychological status for adults and young adolescents.
- Provide evidenced based treatments in accordance with National Institute of Care - Excellence (NICE) guidelines
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of all the main anxiety disorders including - Panic, Health Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Social Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Phobias and hoarding.
- Gain knowledge and experience of working therapeutically, and incorporating interventions from other psychological therapies in addition to the cognitive behavioural model.
- Collaboratively develop treatment programmes which will best suit clients’ needs
Monitor and evaluate treatment programmes and individual’s progress by using psychological measures.
- Counselling Skills (Basic Counselling) - Level 2
- Further Certificate in Counselling & Theory - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (BACP Accredited Course)
- CBT Skills Training – Canterbury University - Merit Pass
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behaviour Therapy High Intensity (Merit Examination Pass and Distinction Pass for client recordings) (BABCP Accredited Course)
- ADR Group Accredited Mediator
- Currently attending Accredited EMDR Training
- Accreditation Awarded BACP 1st August 2011 & BABCP 27th September 2012
- We conduct an Initial 90 minute assessment by phone to find out more about you and visa vera.
- If you are happy to proceed we arrange a set number of subsequent 50 minute appointments.
- Length of therapy can be both short and long term appointments that are set weekly or fortnightly.
- Please contact me for an estimate of my fees.