About P.Gill Psycotherapy Services
Psychotherapy helps to relieve distress and to help you overcome obstacles that can interfere with a satisfying, fulfilling life.
A key ingredient to successful therapy is a trusting, comfortable relationship with your therapist in a supportive, non-judgemental setting we can effectively relieve immediate symptoms, as well as explore deeper causes of behaviour and emotions.
I enjoy my work with clients who have a wide range of issues and concerns. I have a great sensitvity to issues faced by a wide variety of people. And an in depth knowledge and empathy about womens issues, (infidelity, menopause, self esteem). As well as porn addiction. This issue was recently exposed by a new doctumentary by the BBC’s newsbeat "Brought up on porn".
A reason study in the Behavioural Sciences journal claims that online porn mirrors drug -liked addiction qualities, leading to lowered sexual enjoyment and diminished libido.
My therapeutic technique is to take an active role in helping you with your treatment. I tailor my approach to the needs of the patient and use a electic mix of CBT, psychodynamics and a mindful approaches. I look forward to our journey towards personal change.
My approach to therapy has always been open, non-judgemental and down to earth. To offer a safe, confidential place where you can talk about yourself and your life, which may be painful or confusing and may make you feel uncomfortable, angry or unhappy.
- I offer an opportunity to think and talk about yourself and your concerns in a way that you often can’t do with family and friends.
- Listen to the way you feel and how this affects you and others.
- Accept the way you are without judging you.
- Help you make the changes you would like to happen.
- Work hard to create a good theraputic relationship so that we can work together.
- Work with you towards improving your well being.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Psychology Diploma
- Addiction Diploma
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Psychosexual Therapy
- Stress Management
- Life Coaching
Write a Review of Ms. Paula Gill
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.