About Mrs. Barbara Paczkowska
- My name is Barbara and I am a psychologist and psychotherapist qualified with many years of study, research and practice in helping clients from both the NHS & private sector.
- I am fully accredited and registered with numerous professional bodies, including the British Association for Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy and EMDR UK & Ireland.
- I am the clinical director of the "Select Healthy Mind" team in Windsor who take pride in being able to offer face to face consultations with "individually tailored" therapy sessions on site, that reflect each individual’s distinct personality and needs.
- My specialty is the treatment of adults suffering from depression and mood disturbance, anxiety disorders (social phobia, specific phobias), obsessive-compulsive disorder and panic disorders.
- I also have extensive experience working with patients who have suffered from complex trauma (PTSD).
- Valuing the importance of a therapeutic relationship, I base my relationships with clients on trust and partnership.
- Drawing on extensive experience I aim to provide a safe and non- judgmental environment where you the client feels acknowledged, listened to and supported.
- As we are all unique no one type of therapy "fits" all and I therefore integrate the therapeutic models in which I have been trained to meet your particular individual needs.
- I continually strive to deepen my knowledge and understanding of current techniques of delivering the best therapy for my clients by participating in numerous training courses and seminars organized by the world’s top specialists.
- My clinical practice "Select Healthy Mind" (based in Windsor, Berkshire) is subject to continuous evaluation and supervision.
- Alongside my private practice, I also work for the National Health Service (NHS) as a Senior Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing therapist treating a host of mental health conditions.
- I also supervise several staff under me.
- I provide individual therapy sessions and specialize in the treatment of adults suffering from depression and mood disturbance, anxiety disorders (social phobia, specific phobias), obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorders, Autism and Asperger’s syndrome.
- I have a strong interest is in working with patients who have experienced trauma (PTSD).
Currently I am available to offer treatment and help for the following conditions:
- Clinical Depression
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (G.A.D)
- Specific Phobias
- Socail Anxiety (Social Phobia)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (O.C.D)
- Health Anxiety
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (P.T.S.D)
- Self Esteem Issues
- Panic Attacks/Panic Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Eating Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- ADHD and Asperger’s
- If your symptoms or conditions do not appear on the above list please do not be put off.
- Please contact me and if I cannot help you I can point you towards a colleague in my profession that can.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- MSc CBT, (BSc Hons) (BABCP & EMDR UK/Ire Accredited)
- I am a fully qualified and accredited therapist in C.B.T. (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and E.M.D.R. (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy.)
- I received a Masters Level degree in C.B.T. (MSc. CBT) at the Department of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at Buckinghamshire University.
- I am accredited by the British Association for Cognitive Behavioural and Psychotherapy (BABCP), and E.M.D.R. UK & Ireland. - I also attained an Honours Degree in Psychology (BSc Hons) from the University of London.
- I am an honorary member of The British Psychological Society (BPS).
Opening Hours for Appointments
- Monday to Friday 8am-10pm, 7 days a week, including Bank Holidays.
- Saturday to Sunday 8am-8pm, 9pm-10pm reserved for late Skype sessions.
- My therapy room at "Select Healthy Mind" in Windsor is easily accessible, on the ground floor, is close to local amenities and is within a very short walking distance from the train station.
- There is always plenty of parking spaces in the several nearby car parks.
- Online Psychotherapy is available through Skype and Telephone medium.
- Please contact me for more information on how this will work.
- I have full liability insurance for my practice.
- Lower cost fees may be available to the client’s when longer than 15 sessions are needed.
- Please get in touch for further information or to make an appointment.
- I look forward to hearing from you.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Low Self Esteem
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Mental Health Problems
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Social Phobia
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £90/session
- Counselling: £90/session
- EMDR: £90/session
- Psychotherapy: £90/session
Write a Review of Select Health Mind
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.