About Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
I have worked within the mental health field for more than 15 years and have worked within the statutory, voluntary and private sectors.
I provide CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), Psychotherapy & Counselling.
You are welcome to drop me an email, text or telephone. I encourage clients to outline a good time for a brief telephone chat, just so we can see if I am able to help you with your issues, and if for some reason I am unable to do so I will point you in the right direction. If I am able to help, a first session is then booked. If for some reason you do not have time for a chat, you can make a booking by simply placing a call, text or email.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- BA Hons
(Monash University, Melbourne, Australia)
- MA Psychotherapy & Counselling
(NSPC, London, UK)
- Diplomas in CBT
(Goldsmith’s, University of London) & Clinical Supervision (CPPD – London, UK)
It can be unusual for a therapist to be trained and qualified in more than one model of therapy. I am fully qualified and experienced in the areas of CBT, psychotherapy & counsellling. I undertook initial training in a Masters Degree in Psychotherapy & Counselling. I followed this with further training in CBT with the most renowned teachers and practitioners in this field: Dr Christine Padesky (lecturer, practitioner & author of Mind Over Mood), Professor Windy Dryden (lecturer, practitioner & author of over 200 CBT publications) and Dr Judith Beck (lecturer, practitioner & author of Cognitive Therapy – The Basics & Beyond)
Throughout my work as a CBT practitioner I have acquired a broad and varied experience, starting my career working in drug and alcohol
rehabilitation units, delivering substance misuse groups and one to one sessions. I have also worked with complex needs and delivered CBT for psychosis in group and one to one sessions, conducted staff training in motivational interviewing, substance misuse and CBT. Provided staff support based on the CBT model in the form of supervision and mentoring, conducted reflective practice groups and clinical supervision and consultancy to the broader multi-disciplinary team on clinical matters and delivered conference presentations to commissioners, managers and senior clinicians.
These years of experience have helped to establish me as a highly professional, qualified and experienced BABCP accredited CBT therapist (BABCP is the gold standard accreditation for CBT). I am also a UKCP accredited Psychotherapist.
Within my present practice I provide face-to-face individual CBT sessions. I also offer SKYPE and telephone sessions to clients within the UK and to those who are working abroad in Asia, Australia, the Middle East and the USA & Canada.
- I work with adults.
- Office hours: Mon–Fri, 8am–9pm (Individuals - face to face, SKYPE or telephone)
- My fees are based on a sliding scale according to a client’s wage ranging from £85-£100 per session.
- All first meetings are charged at £85.
- I am also a consultant practitioner with the insurers Bupa, Axa PPP, Pru Health & Cigna
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Depression, anxiety (incl. social anxiety & performance anxiety), GAD (general anxiety disorder), panic disorder (e.g. panic attacks), OCD, procrastination, perfectionism, fear of flying, binge eating,
- alcohol and drug misuse (you may not necessarily need to abstain from
- alcohol, rather to establish a different relationship with it via manageable reduction, with a view to experiencing less harm to your health and more confidence in your ability to still drink
- alcohol, but to feel more like you’re in the driver’s seat rather than the
- alcohol driving you!). I also work with work-related stress, dissatisfaction at work and in relationships, relationship struggles, struggles with confidence, anger and assertion, difficulties with fertility and associated anxiety and depression, and issues relating to sexuality and sexual relationships.
Also with clients who may be struggling with relocation – i.e. a recent move to the UK, be it for family, employment or study reasons.
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Childhood Issues
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Drug Abuse
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Relationships
- Relationship Problems
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Stress Management
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £85.00/session
Write a Review of Ms. Kim Fisher
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.