About Dr Ruth Henderson Psychological Services - DPsych, CPsychol, AFBPsS, MSc, BSc Hons
Just the fast pace of life can be enough sometimes to cause even the most competent person to struggle or feel like they are unable to cope.
As a Chartered and HCPC-registered Counselling Psychologist I can tailor different therapies to suit your individual needs or work predominently in one domain, for example, CBT. I offer a safe space to explore and work through problems towards resolve. I teach additional coping strategies, new perspective, self-awareness, to enable you to work towards reaching your full potential.
I have seen many people get well and experience renewed energy, direction and purpose in life. My expertise includes CBT, psychodynamic, person centred, Eye Movement Desensitisaion Reprocessing (EMDR).
I work with low mood, depression, anxiety, traumas and trauma related problems (including PTSD and phobias), OCD, addictions, work stress, relationship difficulties and many mental health issues.
I can offer appointments in Copthorne or East Grinstead day, evenings or weekend. I can work with adults, and teenagers.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- As a Chartered and Counselling Psychologist my qualifications include a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych). I also have a Masters Degree, commendation, in Research Methods in Psychology and an Honours degree in Psychology.
- Chartered and Affiliated (AFBPsS) status and registration (CPsychol) with the British Psychological Society (BPS), as well as registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Expertise in several psychological therapies, including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic and Person Centred. I prefer to integrate additional skills and techniques from other therapeutic discipline.
- Accreditation with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
- Fully trained in Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy and currently working towards accreditation.
- BPS trained Supervisor and Expert Witness.
- I worked in an IAPT NHS Primary Care service as a Line Manager, Clinical Supervisor and Clinician, however I now solely work in Private Practice. This enables me to offer the clients flexibility around their diary and personal needs.
- Past experience in NHS Secondary Care Services, including Specialist services. Hospital settings (specialising in sleep problems and trauma). I also have experience working for ’The Priory’ and several charities in substance misuse.
- Registered with several insurance companies, including AXA-PPP, Cigna, Aviva, Simply Health and PruHealth.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorders
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Mental Health Problems
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Panic Disorder
- Relationship Problems
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress Management
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Stress Management
- Relaxation Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £90/session
- EMDR: £90/session
Write a Review of Dr. Ruth Henderson
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.