About CBT Making Changes
Welcome to CBT - Making Changes
CBT - Making Changes was established by Karl Woolley. He trained as a Registered Mental Health Nurse, working within the hospital and community settings. Furthering his career, Karl completed a qualification within Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Karl continues within the NHS and the private sector, as a CBT therapist, he is an experienced therapist who is fully accredited with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
This service is a provider for individuals who require friendly, professional and confidential Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). The purpose of CBT - Making Changes is to provide High Intensity CBT, to enable inidividuals to overcome their problems and move forward with their day to day lifestyle.
What is CBT?
CBT can help to eleviate an individuals problems by breaking them down into smaller parts. It can help to change the way you think (Cognitive) and the way you act (Behaviour). Unlike other therapies, CBT focuses upon the present situation and current difficulties.
CBT is an evidence-based psychological intervention, which is recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
In accordance to the NICE guidelines, CBT therapists will:
•Assist an individual to acknowledge and understand the problem/s
•Identify what is maintaining the problem/s
•Devise a method to deal with the problem/s
How CBT works
Through discussions with a CBT therapist, an individual will break down their problems into smaller parts and by doing so the therapist will be able to see how each are connected and how they affect the individual.
These parts are:
•Situation - a problem or an event
•Thoughts - for example negative thinking, appraisals
•Emotions - for example fear, guilt
•Physical feelings - for example hot, nausea, breathlessness
•Actions - for example avoidance, safety behaviours
Each of the above can influence the others, how an individual may percieve their thoughts about a problem, will affect their emotional response and behaviour.
My training, work experience and any achievement
Originally trained as a Registered Mental Health Nurse, registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), working for the NHS. Then joined the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service, and qualified as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
Continue to work within the NHS and the private sector, as an experienced High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapist,a member and accredited by the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
* Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (University of Chester)
* Diploma of Higher Education - Registered Mental Health Nurse (Staffordshire University)
* Psychosocial Interventions - Level 3 Certificate (University of Chester)
* Clinical Supervision for Supervisors - Level 3 Certificate (University of Chester)
Please feel free to view my website, www.cbt-makingchanges.co.uk
Block booking appointments available reducing the cost per session with up front payment.
Home visits can be arranged but costing will apply.
Telephone therapy is slowly taking place within many practices and CBT-Making Changes would also like to offer this service.
Email therapy and guidance with CBT techniques / coping strategies and understanding available.
For different modes of therapy prices do differ, please email me for price listing.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is an effective psychological treatment for the following problems:
* Social Anxiety Disorder
* Health Anxiety Disorder
* Generalised Anxiety Disorder
* Panic Disorder
* Agoraphobia - with or without panic
* Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
* Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
* Specific Phobias
* Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
* Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
* Habit Disorders
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD)
- Avoidant Personality
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Dependent Personality Disorder (DPD)
- Eating Disorders
- Impulse Control Disorders (ICD)
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Mental Health Problems
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Paranoid Personality Disorder
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Weight Loss
- Work Stress
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Stress Management
Special Online Booking Offers
10 minute free telephone consultation.
Write a Review of Mr. Karl Woolley
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.