About Beth Bennett Acupuncture
Acupuncture acts both as a treatment and a preventative medicine. The aim of your individual diagnosis and course of treatments is to get a picture of your whole health. I look for the root of any current problems as well as identifying any potential areas of weakness that I can help strengthen. This goes beyond the temporary alleviation of your symptoms, and allows the body’s own healing potential to take place.
Acupuncture is suitable for all ages including children and elderly people. Some people come for help with specific symptoms and some for improvement in their general wellbeing and quality of life.
I love my work in acupuncture and particularly that patients find their treatments effective, but also an enjoyable and relaxing experience. They often find that as well as improvement in their main condition, they appreciate other positive changes in their wellbeing. For example, improved sleep patterns, more confidence and a more positive attitude, fewer bothersome coughs and colds. I aim to treat all my patients with the utmost respect, kindness, professionalism and confidentiality.
Acupuncture is considered a very safe and effective treatment with few side effects. The needles used are single use, sterile and disposable, and I comply with the British Acupuncture Council’s Codes of Safe Practice and Professional Conduct.
Some people are scared of needles, but you may feel different when you see how fine they are! The sensation of having acupuncture is gentle, not at all like that of a hypodermic needle, but more like a tingling or a dull ache. During treatment, many people experience a pleasant feeling of relaxation. However, I can also use acupressure in children or needle phobics.
I also use other techniques including holistic massage, gua sha, (a form of chinese massage), cupping and moxibustion.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I qualified from the renowned College of Traditional Acupuncture in Warwick with a BA(Hons) First Class degree and a Licentiate of Acupuncture after three years of study.
- I am a member of the British Acupuncture Council and comply with current UK health and safety legislation and the BAcC’s own Codes of Safe Practice and Professional Conduct.
- I also hold full medical malpractice and public liability cover, and am registered with the relevant local authorities to carry out acupuncture.
- I ensure that I keep up to date with new research and techniques by attending many Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses each year including the British Acupuncture Council’s annual conference. Recent courses have included acupuncture during pregnancy and childbirth, for gynaecological issues, supportive care for fertility and during IVF, and treating babies and children with acupressure.
- I also hold an ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage, and take a proper history from each client to ensure they get an individualised massage for their particular needs, for example taking into account pain, stress and emotional issues, and whether the client needs relaxation or invigorating massage techniques.
- I sometimes incorporate massage techniques into my acupuncture treatments, and also do standalone massage sessions.
- I have a special interest in acupuncture for emotional issues including anxiety and depression, and also in using acupuncture for fertility and supportive care in pregnancy and particularly pre and post birth treatments.
- I am a member of the Acupuncture Fertility Network and the Acupuncture for Childbirth team for Buckinghamshire.
- I regularly see people with different types of acute or chronic pain, including back pain and rheumatoid arthritis.
- I have volunteered in a hospice regularly, and have a particular interest in supporting people with life-limiting illnesses.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Disease
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking Addiction
- Work Stress
- Back Pain
- Natural Fertility Therapy
- Womens Health
- Pregnancy Massage
- Chinese Massage
- Swedish Relaxation Massage
- Stress Management
Special Online Booking Offers
A complimentary 15 minute consultation is encouraged to see if acupuncture could help you, either in person or by phone on 07713 604095.
Write a Review of Beth Bennett
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.