About Toni Tucker
Toni Tucker is a practitioner of Chinese medicine acupuncture with midwifery background. Her Clinic is The Berkshire Health Clinic - a Centre for Integrated Care – in the heart of Maidenhead Berkshire. The Centre was founded by Toni in 1993. Her passion for a holistic approach to health combined with the science and technology of western medicine, has taken the clinic to a standard of excellence in providing complementary healthcare alongside orthodox medicine.
At the Berkshire Health Clinic, we draw on the expertise and experience of a team of dedicated specialists to provide you with the highest quality of care, both physically and emotionally, within a friendly and holistic environment.
My training, work experience and any achievement
Toni is a member of the British Acupuncture Council, where she has served as a member of the Executive Board of the Council. As the Chair of the Safe Practice Committee of the Council of Acupuncture she ensured the safety and efficacy of acupuncture practice for the profession, is paramount. She is also a member the Royal College of Midwives and the Royal Society of Medicine.
Toni’s professional background has been totally concentrated within the medical field, with over 15 years experience as a Nurse/Midwife, therefore her experience and expertise are not only complementary to practicing Chinese acupuncture but also the deep understanding of ailments that such medical knowledge inevitably assists in her successful treatment though acupuncture.
Her highly successful treatments have attracted media attention in the press and television and equally received commendation and support by the medical profession with whom Toni closely works. Through her work she has become a nationally and internationally recognised practitioner of Chinese medicine acupuncture.
A number of publications have been written by Toni. She has also been an academic lecturer as part of the faculty teams. Through her practice, Toni continues to an advocate of safe practice and ensures the safety and efficacy of acupuncture in treatment of health problems and also its effectiveness with pain relief.
Toni is an associate of Zita West’s networking on fertility, pregnancy and childbirth. She also has been a lecturer at Zita West’s workshops.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Acupuncture is an effective treatment for many conditions and at the Berkshire Health Clinic Toni holds clinics covering a multitude of problems and disorders.
The clinics at the Berkshire Health Clinic:
• Fertility Clinics are specially tailored to maximise conception and delivering quality care. She works together at the Clinic with Obstetric Specialist, Miss Pampa Sarkar.
• Pregnancy and childbirth through Chinese Medicine Acupuncture. Toni is a highly experienced Midwife combining the use of traditional acupuncture with her midwifery skills, she safely deals with minor ailments of pregnancy such as nausea, vomiting, headache,
- migraine, asthma, constipation. The use of acupuncture to help to enhance natural labour is now commonly used and Toni ensures that all patients referred and recommended to the clinic are safely treated to ensure a shorter labour and successful outcome. Minor disorders of post natal, such as depression, mastitis and piles can also be helped hugely by traditional acupuncture.
• The Interstitial cystitis clinics/The Urology Clinics are mainly centred for patients affected by Interstitial Cystitis (non-bacterial). However, patients who suffer from repeated bacterial cystitis receive acupuncture to improve their immune system (body’s natural healing mechanism). She treats patients nationally and internationally
• Sports injury and pain relief clinics. Acupuncture is a palliative treatment in musculo-skeletal conditions such as sciatica, tendonitis of the elbow, severe capsulitis of the shoulder. This highly effective treatment is also used for osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis conditions.
Scopes of acupuncture also covered at her clinic:-
• Respiratory System (asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis)
• Nervous system (facial neuralgia, Cutaneous Neuritis of the limbs, stress depression, insomnia)
• Digestive system (IBS, Colitis, Piles)
• Urinary Tract System (Incontinence, Renal colic, Stress Incontinence, Interstitial Cystitis )
• Circulatory System (Reynaulds, Blood pressure)
• Conditions related to Musculoskeletal system
• Sports Injury
• Smoking and Addiction
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Back Pain
Special Online Booking Offers
1st Consultation and treatment (1 ½ hour) £60
After 5pm £50
IVF Treatment outside clinic hours £65
Induction of labour (1 ½ hour) £65
4 sessions £240
Write a Review of Toni Tucker
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.