About Ms. Amanda Crawshaw
- My complementary therapy career began at Chapel Allerton Holistic Centre where I worked for ten years.
- In 2012, I opened my own complementary therapy multidisciplinary clinic – Balance Natural Health, in Chapel Allerton, north Leeds.
- My work has led me to work all over Leeds in various settings of private, corporate and charity work including Schools and Leeds Metropolitan University.
- I became involved with Leeds Wellbeing Centre from inception, which was a charity project that offered complementary therapies and counselling to vulnerable adults and collaborated with other charities such as PAFRAS, Solace, The Mount and the Becklin Centre.
- Throughout the project’s 4 year life span, I wore several hats including being an initial Consultant, Therapist and Manager.
- I now currently divide my private practice between Balance Natural Health on Thursday and Fridays, and Farfield House Osteopathy Clinic in Keighley on Monday and Tuesdays.
•A bespoke service working with each individual to help them choose the best suited approach for their treatment needs.
•Acupuncture may offer support with headaches and migraine, stress, depression and anxiety, digestive issues, and arthritic pain.
•For women and couples who are trying to conceive naturally, or who may be about to start an IVF/ICSI or IUI cycle, I can offer physical and emotional support through Acupuncture.
•Acupuncture can be useful for addressing pregnancy related symptoms, such as nausea, heartburn, water retention, back pain, and pre-birth anxiety.
•Shiatsu labour pain relief workshops for couples. This encourages both to be calm and connected during labour, and promotes a natural birth which may minimise the chances of complications.
Please note I personally no longer offer Sports or Swedish massage, but my colleague Suzana Tomic works in my Leeds clinic and is my highly recommended replacement and she offers:
• Swedish (Therapeutic) Massage can warm and stretch muscle tissue, release tension and reduce ‘knots’ whilst creating a sense of wellbeing.
•Sports massage for neck, shoulder and back pain, muscle tension, sports injuries, or everyday aches and pains.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Diploma in Shiatsu (1999-2001)
- MRSS in Shiatsu (2004) – national register of the shiatsu society UK
- VTCT diploma in Sports Massage (2004)
- VTCT diploma in Swedish Massage (2004)
- VTCT certificate in Anatomy and Physiology (2004)
- Foundation certificate in Thai Massage (2006)
- BSc in Acupuncture (2008-2011)
- Additional training in Acupuncture for supporting sub-fertility, IVF/ICSI/IUI, pregnancy
- Additional training in Shiatsu for supporting during labour and teaching birth partners Shiatsu during labour.
- I have been in practice since 2001 and am the Director of Balance Natural Health clinic in Leeds. - I aim to bring intuitive support and care to my treatments and I seek to empower my client’s awareness of their own health and wellbeing through ancient and modern bodywork techniques to suit each individual.
- I have a special interest in fertility and regularly undertake post graduate training.
- In my free time, I enjoy being with friends, going on holiday to unusual places (when I can!) and snowboarding.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Low Self Esteem
- Mental Health Problems
- Panic Attacks
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking Addiction
- Weight Loss
- Work Stress
- Back Pain
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Sports Massage
- Swedish Relaxation Massage
- Remedial Massage
Special Online Booking Offers
- Acupuncture consultation and first treatment: £55
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture: £40
- Acupuncture plus Deep Tissue Massage combined session: £50
- Cupping and Shiatsu combined session: £45
- Cupping: £30 for 30 minutes
- Pregnancy Shiatsu Workshop for couples: £80 for 2 hours
- Pregnancy Follow-up review session: £40 for 1 hour
Write a Review of Acupuncture & Complementary Healthcare
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.