About Path to Wellbeing
Acupuncture doesn’t just deal with physical symptoms.
It looks at the whole body - physical mental emotional and spiritual.
Treatments are like throwing a pebble into a lake - the ripples can be extremely far reaching.
Patients will often notice that their overall well being improves, they sleep better, their digestive systems improve and they feel as though they can cope better with life!
A huge part of my clinic is dealing with Fertility, Pregnancy and Childbirth.
I do a lot of work related to Assisted Reproductive Technologies.
The IVF clinic is often the first port of call for couples who are struggling to get pregnant.
Recent advances in technology now means this procedure offers much higher chances of success than in previous years.
Whichever variation of the process you undergo, it must be remembered that IVF does not improve the quality of the eggs, only the quantity.
The thickness of the uterine lining is also measured. The general health of the couple does also tend to be ignored.
In contrast, TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) considers the overall health of the person who is making the gametes.
This in turn will promote healthier gametes!
TCM influences the how well the eggs are nourished and stimulated to grow.
It can also increase endometrium thickness and quality.
Many men also have fertility problems and they should seriously consider treatment themselves and not leave it all up to the woman! Acupuncture can have an impact on the number, quality and motility of sperm. What can acupuncture do?
- Improve gamete/ embryo/ endometrium quality
- Reduce stress
- Reduce drug side effects
- Reduce chance of miscarriage
- Strengthen immune system
- Regulate hormones
- Improve ovarian function
It is best to start your acupuncture treatments 3 months prior to starting IVF.
This will allow us to regulate the body’s functions and therefore making IVF more successful.
This 3 month preparation time allow us to do the following:
Improve ovarian function
Encourages the better development and quality of eggs and strong healthy embryos. The uterine lining can become thicker via the regulation of hormones and in turn this increased blood supply will promote follicular development and implantation. TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) can help the ovaries to respond better to the drug treatment - encouraging the production of more follicles and better quality eggs.
Strengthen immunity and reduce stress
Many chemical pregnancies miscarry. High stress levels are common when trying to get pregnant and TCM is very helpful in alleviating and reducing stress. Being relaxed helps prevent the uterus from contracting and so improves implantation and reduces the risk of miscarriage. Side effects from the drugs are also common and can increase stress levels - TCM can reduce the effects.
Acupuncture for children and babies
- Acupuncture is an extremely safe method for treating young people. It is an age old system of encouraging good health. We use similar techniques to those used on adults - that of diagnosis and a tailored "prescription" for your child.
- Treatments are usually given after 3 months of age, up to teenage years. However, the key group is aged between 1 and 3. We would look at the overall energy or Qi of the child - to see if the Qi is blocked or deficient. This will show us why the child has become ill or is out of sorts. Looking at the facial colour is also important, diagnostically. For example, a greenish tinge around the mouth can indicate a digestive problem. The strength of the child plays its part - we look at whether they are strong, robust children or are more delicate and reserved.
- Four to six points are chosen for the treatment. A fine, sterile, stainless steel needle is inserted at each selected point in turn. This may cause a slight pricking sensation, but much less pain than that of an injection or immunisation. Immediately after insertion the needle is manipulated subtly and briefly to direct the Qi along the channel giving a tingling or warm sensation. Some children cry a little, but are easily comforted after the needle has been removed. Everything happens quickly, within a minute or so. Until the age of 7 years, treatments are normally carried out with the child sitting on the parent’s lap - the safest place to be!
Moxa can also be used if necessary.
It directs a lovely sense of warmth into the body, around specific acupuncture points.
If the child is suffering from colic, for example this is an excellent treatment.
How many acupuncture visits?
This will depend on the pattern of illness.
For a simple condition 1 - 10 sessions, 10 - 20 for others.
If the condition is more serious and deeply rooted, it may require more.
I will be able to tell you after the first session how many treatments would be required. Normally this would be once a week but, for some children, twice to three times a week is necessary.
What can acupuncture treat?
Amongst other conditions, acupuncture can effectively treat the following: Eczema, asthma, chronic coughing, ear infection and glue ear, loss of appetite, fussy eaters, anxiety, nightmares / insomnia, abdominal pain, colic, diarrhoea, vomiting and headaches.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I am a member of the British Acupuncture Council. The British Acupuncture Council is committed to ensuring all patients receive the highest standard of professional care during their acupuncture treatment. Our Code of Professional Conduct governs ethical and professional behaviour, while the Code of Safe Practice sets benchmark standards for best practice in acupuncture. All BAcC members are bound by these codes.
- I am also a member of the Acupuncture for Childbirth Team Hertfordshire, http://www.actherts.org.uk/ and soon to be created Essex group.
- I am also listed with the FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists.
- My Hypnobirthing training is with The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme although I have also trained under Katharine Graves.
Post natal acupuncture
Abdominal Sacral massage
Chinese Herbal Medicine
I can offer Cupping and Gua Sha during treatments if necessary.
Gua Sha is similar to the Graston Technique that physios offer.
- Free car parking available.
- Cash cheque or card accepted.
- Card payments will incur a £1 charge on top.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Chronic Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Physical Illness
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress Management
- Work Stress
- Back Pain
- Natural Fertility Therapy
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Womens Health
- Mens Health
- Pregnancy Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Sports Massage
- Stone Therapy Massage
- Swedish Relaxation Massage
- Acupuncture: £50.00/session
- Pregnancy Massage: £40.00/session
- Deep Tissue Massage: £50.00/session
- Indian Head Massage: £38.00/session
- Sports Massage: £50.00/session
- Stone Therapy Massage: £50.00/session
- Swedish Relaxation Massage: £40.00/session
- Hypnobirthing: £350.00/session
Special Online Booking Offers
I am offering a discount on a course of 6 Acupuncture treatments for new patients. Usually this would cost £240.
Take advantage of this offer and you’ll pay just £210.
This does not include the initial consultation appointment which is £50 for a consultation and treatment.
Write a Review of Ms. Nicola Court
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.