About Acupuncture Points
- I use the kind of acupuncture that has been tried and tested over thousands of years in China and the Far East.
- This has a sophisticated theoretical structure, in many ways the equal of Western medicine.
- This means that when an acupuncture point is used, it is not just to quell local pain, as in dry needling, but because it relates to how energy and health run through the whole of your body.
- The basis behind this includes the acupuncture meridians (or channels) but much more too.
- When you visit me, I shall be glad to explain more about this if you are interested. - I’ve also written a big website which explains Chinese medicine in English.
- So every kind of problem I see, whether it be pain, Indigestion, headache, joint pain, depression, anxiety, sleeplessness, stress and tension - or whatever! - is considered from many different perspectives before treating you.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Jonathan is author of a number of books, most recently on stress (’Qi Stagnation - Signs of Stress’ 2013) and exhaustion (’Yin Deficiency Burnout and Exhaustion What to Do!’ 2014).
- He taught yoga in the 1960s and other therapies in the 1970s. Then he lectured at various colleges for 26 years in Chinese medicine, nutrition, acupuncture theory, homoeopathy. He supervised many students as they gained clinical experience.
- He worked with the University of Edinburgh Faculty of Medicine in a pilot project for 4 years to help show 3rd and 4th year medical students what actually happens in a clinic giving ’natural’ medicine.
- Jonathan has given many talks and lectures, including lectures at the Edinburgh Science Festival.
- Currently he is regional co-ordinator for Edinburgh and SE Scotland for the British Acupuncture Council, and Chair of the Scottish Association for Professional Homoeopaths.
- Before all this? He got his BSc in Electrical Engineering from Edinburgh University and then qualified as a Chartered Accountant.
- Jonathan Clogstoun-Willmott Bsc, LicAc, BAc, DipAc(China), DipCHM, MBAcC, MABP, LCH, MCH, PCH, Cert.ECBS, RSAPH
- He trained in London and at the College of Traditional Chinese Acupuncture (LicAc), the British College of Acupuncture (BAc), and the College of Chinese Medicine Nanjing in China (DipAc).
- He studied homoeopathy at the College of Homeopathy (LCH, MCH) and the Dynamis School for Advanced Homoeopathic Studies (PCH).
- He also trained at the Northern College of Acupuncture, (DipCHM) and at European College of Bowen Studies (CertECBS).
- He has also trained in and practised various other therapies including Bowen Technique, Remedial Massage, Reflexology, and Shiatsu... and continues to attend courses on a range of therapies and techniques.
- Formerly a Member (RSHom) of The Society of Homeopaths, the Traditional Acupuncture Society (MTAS) and the British Acupuncture Association, he is now a member (MBAcC) of The British Acupuncture Council and (RSAPH) of The Scottish Association of Professional Homoeopaths of which he is currently Chair. He was until recently also a member of the Bowen Therapists’ European Register (MBTER).
- Jonathan writes and maintains a website receiving several hundred thousand viewings monthly worldwide.
He also writes books including
- Qi Stagnation - Signs of Stress’ explains how to understand and manage stress using ideas from Chinese medicine.
- "Yin Deficiency - Burnout and Exhaustion - What to Do"
- "Yang Deficiency - Get your Fire Burning Again"
- "Yuck! Phlegm!" which explains how to understand why you get phlegm and what to do about it.
- "Western Astrology and Chinese Medicine", which explains the relationship between them.
If you live too far away to visit Jonathan in person and want his advice, Jonathan can also do consultations over the telephone or with Skype.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
- Low Self Confidence
- Mens Issues
- Midlife Crisis
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Physical Illness
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Premature Ejaculation (PE)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking Addiction
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Back Pain
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Womens Health
- Mens Health
- Bowen Therapy
- Stress Management
- Allergy Intolerance Therapy
Write a Review of Jonathan Clogstoun-Willmott
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.