About One Acupuncture Clinic
A fully qualified member of the British Acupuncture Council, delivering an integrated blend of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Five Element Acupuncture, treating each individual as one whole person, enabling them to live life well. Qualified Tui Na (Chinese massage) therapist, which is often integrated with acupuncture treatment.
Acupuncture seeks to understand the underlying causes, not just the symptoms, thereby effecting change at a deep and long-lasting level.
The British Acupuncture Council compiles all the latest research on acupuncture. It currently lists over 30 different major health conditions acupuncture can treat.1
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Colds and flu
GI tract disorders
Nausea and vomiting
1. British Acupuncture Council Research Factsheets. http://www.introducingacupuncture.co.uk/
However, acupuncture is not just confined to Western labels or diagnoses, and a full Traditional Diagnosis is undertaken and treatment individually tailored.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Chair of ACT Berkshire (Acupuncture for Conception to Childbirth Team) www.actberks.org.uk
- Lecturer in Conventional Medical Sciences (Fertility & Pain) at College of Integrated Chinese Medicine, Reading.
- First Class Postgraduate Diploma in Tui Na (Chinese Therapeutic Massage)
First Class BSc (Hons) Acupuncture and Licentiate (LicAc) from College of Integrated Chinese Medicine/Kingston University - recognised as one the most established and well-respected Acupuncture colleges in Europe
- Full member of British Acupuncture Council (BAcC)
- Understanding and experience of Western medical perspective:
- First Class BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences
- PhD in Clinical Medicine (Cambridge)
- sole recipient of 2012 BAcC Student Research Award, for the study of acupuncture in pain management
Committed to Continued Professional Development:
A General Acupuncture Practitioner with special interests in women’s health, fertility, ante- and post-natal care, musculoskeletal, pain, facial enhancement, mental health & emotional well-being
Recent postgraduate training in
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- PCOS & Endometriosis
- NADA - ear acupuncture for stress, anxiety, PTSD
- Facial Enhancement/Cosmetic Acupuncture
Fully qualified member of British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), ensuring;
◦ Bachelor of Science degree in acupuncture which included anatomy, physiology and other appropriate elements of western medicine
◦ Adherence to the Council’s Codes of Safe Practice and Professional Conduct
◦ Compliance with current health and safety legislation
◦ Full medical malpractice and public/products liability insurance cover
◦ Up-to-date practice skills maintained by mandatory continuing professional development