About ABM Counselling
We all need help sometimes when things are too difficult and we cannot see how we can make it better. I work with all kinds of issues and all ages. I also do stress management if you think that would be more suitable for you. For children and young people I offer a combination of counselling, meditation and mindfulness, so that they can start to express their emotions in a safe environment and in a safe way. They can also develop tools to manage difficult situations, something to take with them on their life journey. I tailor the therapy to meet their individual needs.
I am a qualified Therapeutic Counsellor, registered by the BACP, and some of the issues I work with are anxiety, abuse, depression, addiction, eating disorders, bereavement, stress, anger problems, relationship issues, low self-esteem and panic attacks. Maybe you are feeling unhappy and do not know how to change that. Most clients notice a difference after just a couple of sessions.
The kind of counselling that I do would be really good in helping you see what is at the root of your problem. Therapeutic Counselling is based on a mindfulness approach and works for all different problems and for all ages. I have been amazed by the changes I have seen in clients I have been working with and I feel privileged to have had a small part of that.
I can help you look at your situation and see what is making it difficult for you. Knowing gives you a choice to do something about it and I could help you look at what you could do to feel better. If you feel stuck and do not know what to do in a difficult situation I could help you see what you would need to do deal with it and the process could help you feel more empowered, more in charge of your life.
There is not a set number of sessions you need to attend and you decide when you want to stop. It all depends on you and your needs and wishes.
You can also decide how often you want to see me. It is good to start with regular sessions, but after a while you might want to spread them to give you a chance to see how you are managing. Today’s financial situation means that some clients rather see me either fortnightly or monthly than weekly, to know they can afford it. You decide what works best for you.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I have a background in working in various projects for people with all different kinds of physical disabilities, mental health problems and learning disabilities. The step towards counselling came naturally, especially when I became aware of how difficult it could be for people to access counselling.
- By my name you can probably guess that I am Swedish, but I have lived in Scotland since 1997.
- I have an Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, BACP. I am also on the BACP register for qualified counsellors and psychotherapists. I have seen clients in East Kilbride since 2007. I trained at the College of Holistic Medicine in Glasgow, where I have also studied Stress management and Psychotherapy. The work I do is based on a mindfulness approach involving Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Gestalt and Person Centred. The Stress management I do is based on cognitive experiential wellbeing.
- I have trained in the Connected Kids program and can teach children meditation and mindfulness as a way to support them when things are too much or when their behaviour is showing that something is wrong. As I am also a fully qualified counsellor I can offer a service based on the children’s and young people’s needs and combine to suit the individual.
If you have tried to make contact with me and not heard anything back in a couple of days, please try again. I would never not get back to anyone but sometimes things go wrong. There might be a problem with my email or phone or perhaps you have accidentally given me an email address or phone number that is wrong. Please check and try contacting me again. Thank you!
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Meditation and mindfulness for children and young people according to the connected Kids program
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD)
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Childhood Issues
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Pet Bereavement
- Physical Abuse
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Same Sex Relationships
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Harassment
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Stress Management
- Counselling: £40/session
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): £40/session
- Psychotherapy: £40/session
- Meditation: £35/session
- Stress Management: £40/session
Special Online Booking Offers
£5 discount on your first session.
Write a Review of Ms. Agnetha Blomberg McCormack
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.