About Roy Shuttleworth Bsc. DipEd. Dip Clin Psych. AFBPsS. C.Psychol
If you are looking for a mental health professional who can deal with a wide range of complex psychological problems in both adults and children then Roy Shuttleworth is your therapist. Roy has helped many, many people during his distinguished career and he welcomes new patients looking for help, guidance and understanding.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I’m a consultant Clinical Psychologist chartered by the British Psychological Society and a registered practitioner psychologist with the HPC (Health Professionals Council), specialising in providing psychology services to adults and children as well as the legal profession and risk assessments for the television industry.
- After receiving my degree from Melbourne University, I gained my qualifications in Clinical Psychology in London.
- I worked in the NHS, specialising in adult and adolescent psychology, before moving on to become the Principal Therapist at the Family Institute in Cardiff, where I specialised in the treatment of families and couples as well as research and teaching.
- I have spent recent years in the Harley Street area working on a wide range of psychological problems in adults and children, as well as acting as a private consultant to a wide range of clients.
I have widespread psychology experience as a mental health consultant in a wide range of legal, courtroom and specialist areas of law.
- Diagnostic work to see if the client is suffering from a major psychological illness
- Assessment under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Assessment can also be made for post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Intellectual functioning, which may be relevant, for example, in cases where there is a question of whether the client is “fit to plead”.
- Assessment of families in divorce proceedings, which may include looking at the potential harm where a parent has been accused of sexual misbehaviour.
- General parental risk assessment including cases where there has been an accusation of sexual misbehaviour.
- Tests for suggestibility as well as assessment of psychological disorder.
- Assessments can take place in one of my offices, at the clients’ home or in prison. - Candidates can be seen and reports provided with very short notice.
- I have the experience of conducting and filing over 3,000 completed reports to date.
- I’m highly experienced in court appearances, including Crown Court, Magistrates Court and County Court.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Adult psychological services include:
- General diagnostic services.
- Anxiety (including panic attacks and phobias)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder with experience treating victims of road traffic accidents, rape and general physical assaults.
- Assessment of memory loss including tests for dementia.
- Intelligence testing, general cognitive testing and assessments for memory loss.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Anxiety related to medical problems such as tinnitus, skin and hair problems and rehabilitation related to heart conditions.
- Sexual therapy for issues including premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction and sexual orientation.
- Sleep problems
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem.
- Anger problems
Mental health services for children and adolescents include:
- Fear of school and general truancy
- Bed wetting
- Child-related anxiety, depression and phobias
- Behavioral problems
- Reaction to marital break-up (e.g. hostility towards step-parent)
- Dealing with bullying
- Exam issues, such as revision and general preparation
- Self esteem
- Intelligence testing
Treatment methods and approaches used include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Anxiety management
- Family and marital therapy.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Various creative techniques including psychodrama.
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Panic Attacks
- Relationship Problems
- Eating Disorders
- Low Self-Esteem
- Panic Attacks
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Write a Review of Roy Shuttleworth
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.