Neil Henry - CBT & NLP Therapist
Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Hypnotherapy, NLP in St Albans, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and London
Member Organisation(s): National Counselling Society NCS
Art Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Counselling, Hypnotherapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), NLP, Psychotherapy, Time Line Therapy, Stress Management, Life Coaching
- ReviewsTotal:(+2, -0)
- "Without doubt the best decision I’ve ever made was to ..." --Rob
- About Neil Henry - CBT & NLP Therapist
A very warm welcome to my profile.
As a CBT Counsellor, NLP Coach, Life/ Executive Coach, Art Therapist and Integrative Psychotherapist with years of experience. I’m able to draw from all or some of these therapies to give my clients the best-bespoke therapy to help them control their struggles or difficulties.
Anxiety, stress and panic affect many people at some point in their life both young and old. It has now become clear that by changing certain thoughts and behaviour patterns you can greatly improve how you feel.
Perhaps you have tried different approaches and now want to work with someone that offers something different. I am not only a qualified counsellor but also a qualified and experienced coach who has helped many clients over the years overcome barriers be it weight loss , fears and phobias , smoking cessation or performance anxiety over presentations and public speaking.
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorders such as social anxiety, OCD, panic disorders and generalized anxiety disorder.
• Integrated CBT, NLP and Art Psychotherapy in working with children and teens.
• Confidence building and Goal Achievement. Using Coaching, NLP, Guided Visualisation to help clients of all ages achieve their goals be it Weight Management through to getting the perfect job.
• Stress Management and Emotional Regulation – helping clients experiencing Work related stress. Relationship Issues, Life Transitions (Divorce & Separation, Bereavement & Loss, New School/Job).
Please visit www.counsellingtoday.org.uk for a complete list.
I offer an integrative approach which blends not only counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) but also includes other approaches such as mindfulness and NLP. Using this approach allows me to work with the whole person and not be limited by one approach.
What to expect / A word of encouragement:
• Step-by-step success – CBT is evidence based and proven to work in the treatment of many conditions such as depression, anxiety & fears. You will also receive full session handouts covering theory and exercises.
• Work with someone who is highly experienced and qualified and never treats any two clients the same.
• Sessions are focused on the here and now and driven by helping you overcome obstacles. Start seeing things differently with a new perspective.
• Learn how to fix problems and finding solutions (practical problem solving). Understand the things that worsen your emotional state and drive unhelpful behaviours.
• Learn how to be calmer and less stressed. Start planning for the future.
I am a highly experience and qualified therapist running successful practices in Hertfordshire and London. I work with children, adolescents, and adults and provide individual, couples, and family therapy.
I also work as an Child Counsellor in a number of schools supporting not only the children / young people but child support staff and agencies.
I believe that developing a strong working relationship with your therapist is essential for successful therapy, and I therefore strive to develop a trusting, empathic, and non-judgmental relationship.
I offer a free initial telephone consultation to discuss your needs and to answer any questions – so what have you got to lose, contact me today on 07595 335514 or via www.counsellingtoday.org.uk
It would be great to hear from you!
- My training, work experience and any achievement
I am fully insured through Towergate Insurance.
Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Diploma and Certificate in using Integrative Art Therapy with children and adolescents
Training through Reconstruct in working with children
Master Practitioner in NLP
Training in using Hypnotherapy with Children
Using NLP to help stop smoking and achieve weight loss.
Working with transgender children and young people
- Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Abuse, Anger Management, Anxiety, Blushing, Bruxism, Childbirth, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Depression, Drug Addiction, Eating Disorders, Exam Nerves, Fear of Flying, Gastric Band Hypnotherapy, Insomnia, Internet Addiction, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Low Self Confidence, Low Self-Esteem, Obsessions & Compulsions, Pain Management, Panic Attacks, Phobias, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Public Speaking, Relationship Issues, Stop Smoking, Sexual Issues, Sleep Disorders, Sports Performance, Stress, Stuttering, Weight Loss, Nail Biting,
- Other concerns & issues I deal with
Low self esteem
Fear and Anxiety
Kids Confidence Building
Beating Wedding Nerves
- Age groups I work with
- Further Information
My journey to becoming a counsellor started many years ago when I undertook training with the goal to help my son through emotional difficulties that he was experiencing at the time. It was a result of this that I had what felt like a calling to become a counsellor and help people.
I had been working as a senior manager within a well-known global organisation and started to do voluntary work, working with children and young people in care and foster care.
After undertaking further training and deepening my experience working with adults and children I took the decision to pursue counselling on a permanent basis – a decision that I have never regretted!
Is any of the information here incorrect? Let us know. Report Wrong Information
Is this your listing? Click here to update information in your profile.
- ReviewsTotal:(+2, -0)
- Price List
- Special Online Booking Offers
Free Initial Telephone Consultation
Discount available for multiple session bookings
- Write a review of Neil Henry - CBT & NLP Therapist
- Review Summary
Value for Money :5.0Customer Service :5.0Communication :5.0Satisfaction :5.0
- 2 Positive
- 0 Neutral
- 0 Negative
- Customer Reviews
Without doubt the best decision I’ve ever made was to see Neil. We all need help at some point in our lives and if you are struggling with anything the best advice I can give is make that first step and call. Thanks again Neil for giving me the ability to make the most of my life:-) Rob
--Rob, St.Albans, March 12 2014
I found Neil very welcoming and approachable . He was genuinely concerned about my well being and was extremely knowledgeable in the therapy he offered me. After sessions he would e mail me notes on what we had covered and even now after a year of not seeing him, I feel that I could e mail him if I have any concerns . Neil is a very friendly and understanding person and has made a huge positive impact on my life, for which I am very grateful . I have recommended him to many of my friends .
--Nicky , , November 04 2013
- Write your own review
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.
Name: Neil HenryPhone Number :Website : http://www.counsellingtoday.org.uk
The Bassett Clinic
Herts AL3 5EP
- Find complementary therapists in St Albans:
- Acupressure in St Albans
- Acupuncture in St Albans
- Alexander-Technique in St Albans
- Allergy-Intolerance-Therapy in St Albans
- Aromatherapy in St Albans
- Art-Therapy in St Albans
- Autogenic-Training in St Albans
- Ayurveda in St Albans
- Beauty-Therapy in St Albans
- Body-Harmony in St Albans
- Chinese-Massage in St Albans
- Chiropractic in St Albans
- Cognitive-Behavioural-Therapy-(CBT) in St Albans
- Corporate-Massage in St Albans
- Counselling in St Albans
- Craniosacral-Therapy in St Albans
- Crystal-Therapy in St Albans
- Deep-Tissue-Massage in St Albans
- EFT-(MTT)-Tapping in St Albans
- EMDR in St Albans
- Flower-Essences in St Albans
- Homeopathy in St Albans
- Hypnotherapy in St Albans
- Indian-Head-Massage in St Albans
- Kinesiology in St Albans
- Laser-Therapy in St Albans
- Life-Coaching in St Albans
- Meditation in St Albans
- Mens-Health in St Albans
- Mindfulness-Based-Cognitive-Therapy-(MBCT) in St Albans
- Natural-Fertility-Therapy in St Albans
- Naturopathy in St Albans
- NLP in St Albans
- Nutritional-Therapy in St Albans
- Osteopathy in St Albans
- Past-Life-Regression in St Albans
- Personal-Trainers in St Albans
- Physiotherapy in St Albans
- Psychotherapy in St Albans
- Reflexology in St Albans
- Reiki in St Albans
- Relaxation-Therapy in St Albans
- Shiatsu in St Albans
- Spiritual-Healing in St Albans
- Sports-Massage in St Albans
- Stone-Therapy-Massage in St Albans
- Stress-Management in St Albans
- Swedish-Relaxation-Massage in St Albans
- Tai-Chi in St Albans
- Thai-Massage in St Albans
- Time-Line-Therapy in St Albans
- Traditional-Chinese-Medicine-(TCM) in St Albans
- Weight-Loss in St Albans
- Womens-Health in St Albans
- Yoga in St Albans