About Feel Better Counselling and Human Givens
Three Services from Feel Better Counselling
1) The URGENT Service (For Healing and Mending)
Proven to help most of you and quickly too – for depression, anxieties and addictions of all kinds as well as angers, sleep and relationship problems.
We can normally make an appointment within a week and I will only charge for that appointment if it was of value and you wish to continue. Typically, only a handful of sessions are needed and the “success rate” is approaching 90%. But some of my clients will want a longer term more open ended support.
2) The SUPPORT Service (For Safely maintaining and Recovering)
Open hands making a protection gestureContinual support to deal with day to day problems and issues that arise and top build resources and empowerment without the pressure for quick results.
Through the first sessions it will become clear that a longer-term and open ended therapy relationship is needed. Ongoing life issues are arising and we both wish to work at a gentler pace. My approach is to be sensitive to what my client is wanting. And this naturally arises – both with regard to the issues and frequency of sessions. My client will also know when the therapy can safely be brought to an end.
3) The MENTORING Service (For High Level Performance)
I canLife coaching to achieve goals and lessons and training to enhance wellbeing.
What is needed is to marry the principles of human givens but to shift the focus to the achievement of specific goals. Both trance work and a profound diagnosis of your life right now are required. For more background do enjoy the Big Idea page.
About Andrew Richardson
- For thirty years I worked as a professional economist; in Africa (Swaziland) and for the UK Treasury, then in the city and finally as a consultant financial economist. Some may consider this as the perfect training for counselling and psychotherapy. I am in my mid 60s.
- I began my journey to this counselling practice at the beginning of the century. During this time, I studied and meditated extensively, particularly in the Buddhist tradition and studied the Enneagram Personality Typing System. This culminated in intensive Human Givens training in 2001-2004.
- Human Givens attracted me because it made sense, it did not require intensive therapy yourself, it was free of the artificial constraints to how counsellors should work and most important, I had a profound sense that I could do this. I could see how it would help many people and that my unconventional background (for a therapist) might actually be an advantage.
- I have been counselling full time since 2005.
- My practice is based in my home in Woodford Green on the East London/Essex border, where I live with my second wife and young daughter. I am a father again, late in life and am enjoying watching Isabella grow with love, support and lots of attention.
My training, work experience and any achievement
My training and relevant qualifications
- The practitioner qualification from the Human Givens College
- Advanced Certificate in Human Givens
- Accredited member of the Human Givens Institute.
- I abide by the HGI code of ethics
– Member of the General Hypnotherapy Register.
- Qualified in Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Qualified with the NSCI (Smoking Cessation)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £80/session
- Counselling: £80/session
- Hypnotherapy: £80/session
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): £80/session
- Human Givens Therapy: £80/session
- Psychotherapy: £80/session
- Time Line Therapy: £80/session
- Relaxation Therapy: £80/session
- Stress Management: £80/session
- Life Coaching: £80/session
Special Online Booking Offers
Cost Effective and Affordable Therapy
- My charging policy supports cost effective help for emotional and mental problems.
- The basic session fee is £70, for around an hour but with three caveats.
- I will happily agree concessions for those on limited means to a rate that we both find comfortable. My main purpose is to help any who can benefit from my approach.
- For those who require or desire to see me for more than four sessions, I will in any event reduce my session fee.
- The first counselling session will be charged if you are confident the therapy will help you and you got benefit from that first session. I am more than happy for the first payment to be delayed until the second session.
- The power and appeal of Feelbetter Counselling is that meaningful change, if not complete recovery is attainable in just a handful of sessions.
- Payment is by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Write a Review of Andrew Richardson
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.