Open Mind Therapy
Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), EMDR in Great Dunmow
Member Organisation(s): National Council of Psychotherapists
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), EMDR, Counselling, Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy, Relaxation Therapy, Life Coaching
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Write a review
- About Open Mind Therapy
Working with an integrated hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, counselling and coaching approach I can help not only with the symptoms but the causes of your mental or emotional distress fast.
My philosophy is very simple. If we want to be well and recovered from anything, be it depression, stress, anxiety or loss, we have to discover who we really are, underneath all the conditioning we’ve received and become our authentic selves. Mental and emotional distress are symptoms that we are stuck with an idea of the world that doesn’t serve us. If we allowed our emotions to flow freely without blocking them, then there would be no such thing as ’mental illness’. At least, that’s my belief.
Sometimes we need to work on the superficial things in life first though, to clear out the way for working more deeply. So if you are looking for symptom removal or symptom management, I can help you. If this is as far as you’d like to go for now, I won’t push you.
The reality is however, more often, that deeper work is necessary to make the changes that you really deserve to have in your life so that you can live more freely and more happily with who you are. Working deeply builds a far greater sense of self reliance and quiet self confidence. This way you make more wise choices in life and learn to honour and respect yourself as much as you respect other people. Resolving your issues and building self confidence is really just self knowledge.
With 30 years as a Buddhist, I bring a unique insight to the transformational work I do with my clients enabling them to find their own inner calm and perspective. I work happily with people of all faiths helping them to breathe new life into their religious or spiritual beliefs.
I work with a range of strategies and interventions but more importantly, I’ll do what’s right for you so that you get the best possible outcome for your situation. Regardless of whether you’re anxious, depressed, stressed, or traumatised I’ll work to help you resolve your blocks and for you to bring out the best from your situation. Often changing jobs, changing relationships, grief among other things, bring up all kinds of challenges, some from the past and some in the here and now. If you’re going through these kinds of challenging situations, I can help refocus you and stabilise you.
Now, I can’t do any of this without your willingness to work with me. I can offer you the fuel, but you are the ones who have to do the work out! You don’t get fit by watching someone else do bench presses! The same goes with our hearts, minds and souls. We have to be willing to do the work. On of modern medicine’s most successful marketing jobs has been to cause us to trust only the experts and not ourselves. With this outside in way of looking at our lives, we pop pills and take advice from people who don’t even know us. It is a crazy way of working. When you start to take responsibility for your health and wellbeing, you’ll realise that the best specialist to work with is yourself. All I do for you, is to help you gain deep self knowledge so that you know what is the best thing for you.
I work from my home in Great Dunmow, Essex, and from consulting rooms on Throgmorton Street, in the City of London.
- My training, work experience and any achievement
I trained with SACH - School of Analytical and Cognitive Hypnotherapy for 3 years. I am a member of the Hypnotherapy Association, the Senior Qualified Practitioner with General Hypnotherapy Register, and was made a fellow of the National Council of Psychotherapists in January 2012 for my work in training my colleagues.
I have worked for Uttlesford PCT treating Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME and for The Uttlesford Rural Network, a mental health network, where I delivered assertiveness and confidence classes for mental health patients, as well as delivering unique courses to social workers and practice nurses on OCD and Working with Families. I have also run many private classes in assertiveness and confidence over the last 10-12 years.
8 years ago I started training my colleagues in the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which has evolved into general psychotherapy and counselling training provision for hypnotherapists and now, in the last 2 years, personal and professional development groups for therapists of all persuasions.
I am an international speaker and a pulished author of Unlocking the Mysteries of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, a training manual in how to treat CFS from a therapists perspective.
Being an ex school teacher, I’m also able to work with young people and their families if or where appropriate.
I am committed to my own ongoing personal and professional development so that clients get the best experience they can from their therapy journey.
However, my greatest qualification is my own life journey. I have practised Buddhism for 30 years and discovered so much about how my mind works and therefore how the minds of many people work. I have healed myself from IBS, psoriasis and breast lumps. And I have transformed my emotional responses to the challenges of life. I can help you do the same.
- Concerns & issues I deal with
- Abuse, Addictions, Adolescence, Adoption, Affairs, Aggression, Agoraphobia, Alcohol Dependence, Anger Management, Anorexia Nervosa, Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD), Anxiety, Aspergers Syndrome, Assertiveness, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism, Avoidant Personality, Disorder, Bereavement, Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Bipolar Disorder, Bisexual Issues, Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Boredom, Bulimia Nervosa, Bullying, Career Counselling, Childhood Issues, Chronic Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME), Codependency, Compulsive Behaviour, Concentration Problems, Conduct Disorder (CD), Couple Relationships, Criminal Behaviour, Cultural Issues, Debt, Dementia, Dependent Personality Disorder (DPD), Depression, Disability, Disaster, Disfigurement, Dissociation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug Abuse, Dyslexia, Eating Disorders, Erectile Dysfunction, Ethics, Exhaustion, Family Problems, Fatigue, Fear, Gambling, Gay Issues, Gender Dysphoria, Gender Identity Disorders, Grief, Headaches, HIV and AIDS, Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder, Hysteria, Impotency, Impulse Control Disorders (ICD), Impulsive Behaviour, Inertia, Infertility, Inhibitions, Integration of Experience, Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED), Internet Addiction, Isolation, Kleptomania, Leadership, Learning Difficulties, Lesbian Issues, Low Self Confidence, Low Self Esteem, Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Managerial Consultancy, Manipulative Behaviour, Marriage (Marital Relations), Meaningless, Mediation, Melancholia, Memory Problems, Mens Issues, Menopause, Mental Health Problems, Midlife Crisis, Miscarriage, Morality, Mothering, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Negative Thoughts, Neurosis, Obsessions, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD), Pain Management, Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder, Paranoia, Paranoid Personality Disorder, Paraphilias, Parenting, Pathological Gambling, Perfectionism, Performance Management, Personal Growth, Personal Relationships, Personality Disorders (PD), Pet Bereavement, Phobias, Physical Abuse, Physical Illness, Post Natal Depression (PND), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Pregnancy, Premature Ejaculation (PE), Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Psychogenic Neurosis, Psychosis, Race, Rape, Redundancy, Rehabilitation, Relationship Problems, Religion, Repetitive Negative Patterns, Restrictions, Sadness, Same Sex Relationships, Schizoid Personality Disorder, Schizophrenia, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Self Determination, Self Development, Self Harm, Separation, Sex, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Addiction, Sexual Dysfunctions, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Offences, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI), Shame, Shyness, Sleep Disorders, Smoking Addiction, Social Phobia, Somatogenic Psychosis, Spirituality, Stress, Stress Management, Suicidal Thoughts, Terminal Illness, Terrorism, Tiredness, Tourettes Syndrome (TS), Transgender Issues, Trauma, Trichotillomania, Unresolved Issues, Weight Loss, Work Stress, Emotional Abuse,
- Age groups I work with
- Further Information
- For more information, visit my website on www.openmindtherapy.co.uk. My hourly rate for the integrated approach that I offer is £95.
Is any of the information here incorrect? Let us know. Report Wrong Information
Is this your listing? Click here to update information in your profile.
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Price List
- Special Online Booking Offers
I offer a 15-30 minute telephone consultation free of charge to establish if you feel comfortable working with me.
- Write a review of Open Mind Therapy
- Review Summary
Value for Money :0.0Customer Service :0.0Communication :0.0Satisfaction :0.0
- 0 Positive
- 0 Neutral
- 0 Negative
- Customer Reviews
- Write your own review
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.
Contact Open Mind Therapy for more information.
Name: Jenny LynnPhone Number :Location(s):
56 Ash Grove
Great Dunmow CM6 1QY
- Find complementary therapists in Great Dunmow:
- Acupressure in Great Dunmow
- Acupuncture in Great Dunmow
- Alexander-Technique in Great Dunmow
- Allergy-Intolerance-Therapy in Great Dunmow
- Aromatherapy in Great Dunmow
- Beauty-Therapy in Great Dunmow
- Chiropractic in Great Dunmow
- Cognitive-Behavioural-Therapy-(CBT) in Great Dunmow
- Corporate-Massage in Great Dunmow
- Counselling in Great Dunmow
- Crystal-Therapy in Great Dunmow
- Deep-Tissue-Massage in Great Dunmow
- EFT-(MTT)-Tapping in Great Dunmow
- EMDR in Great Dunmow
- Flower-Essences in Great Dunmow
- Homeopathy in Great Dunmow
- Hypnotherapy in Great Dunmow
- Indian-Head-Massage in Great Dunmow
- Kinesiology in Great Dunmow
- Life-Coaching in Great Dunmow
- Meditation in Great Dunmow
- Mindfulness-Based-Cognitive-Therapy-(MBCT) in Great Dunmow
- Natural-Fertility-Therapy in Great Dunmow
- Naturopathy in Great Dunmow
- NLP in Great Dunmow
- Nutritional-Therapy in Great Dunmow
- Osteopathy in Great Dunmow
- Past-Life-Regression in Great Dunmow
- Personal-Trainers in Great Dunmow
- Psychotherapy in Great Dunmow
- Reflexology in Great Dunmow
- Reiki in Great Dunmow
- Relaxation-Therapy in Great Dunmow
- Shiatsu in Great Dunmow
- Sound-Therapy in Great Dunmow
- Sports-Massage in Great Dunmow
- Stone-Therapy-Massage in Great Dunmow
- Stress-Management in Great Dunmow
- Swedish-Relaxation-Massage in Great Dunmow
- Tai-Chi in Great Dunmow
- Thai-Massage in Great Dunmow
- Time-Line-Therapy in Great Dunmow
- Traditional-Chinese-Medicine-(TCM) in Great Dunmow
- Womens-Health in Great Dunmow
- Yoga in Great Dunmow