About Brendan McLoughlin
I work with individuals and couples.
Counselling and psychotherapy have been found to be helpful with a range of problems includin:
- alcohol and drug dependence
- anxiety, bereavement
- childhood issues
- family and relationship breakdown
- experiences of sexual and physical abuse
- low self esteem and poor self image
- general feelings of inferiority
- issues of difference
- sexual identity and orientation
- being an outsider
- loss of meaning and direction
- stage of life issues
- patterns of failure and conflict
- problems with self acceptance
- early deprivation
- mental illness in the family or in oneself
- feelings of emptiness and powerlessness
In my work as a therapist I am interested in finding ways to meet the needs of the individual as they try to work through their problems and achieve a better understanding of themselves. I work from the perspective of mindfulness, respecting the reality and experience of each person.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I have thirty years experience working as a psychotherapist.
- I trained at WPF Counselling and Psychotherapy and am a Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist Member of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling, (FPC).
- I am registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, (UKCP).
- I am Chair of the Analytic Network and the Bath Psychotherapy Service.
- I have worked in the voluntary sector and within Psychiatric settings and have been involved in the training of counsellors and psychotherapists.
- I contributed to the best selling "Experiences of Counselling in Action", edited by Windy Dryden, Sage Publications, London.
- I am the author of Developing Psychodynamic Counselling, 1995, Sage.
- I work within the psychoanalytic tradition from a mindfulness perspective.
- I have evolved a way of working which aims to honour and respect the experience of each individual and which seeks to promote genuine growth and wellbeing.
- I work from an affirmative stance with gay people.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Childhood Issues
- Gay Issues
- Lesbian Issues
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Personal Relationships
- Physical Abuse
- Relationship Problems
- Same Sex Relationships
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Relationship Counselling
- Addiction Therapy
- Counselling: £50/session
- Psychotherapy: £50/session
- Addiction Therapy: £50/session
Special Online Booking Offers
For those unable to attend in Deal, I offer telephone or skype consultaions.
Write a Review of Brendan McLoughlin
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.