Penny Bould MBACP / AOK Counselling Lifecoaching & Training
Psychotherapy,Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Counselling in Warwick
Member Organisation(s): MBACP
various including AXA
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Counselling, NLP, Psychotherapy, Meditation, Stress Management, Relaxation Therapy, Life Coaching
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Write a review
- About Penny Bould MBACP / AOK Counselling Lifecoaching & Training
Penny Bould MBACP a qualified and registered warm approachable NHS experienced integrative psychotherapist / counsellor, psychosexual therapist, lifecoach, stress management consultant, disability awareness consultant, mediator and trainer. Providing a safe place to explore problems, issues, challenges, changes and personal growth. Based on a broad wealth of training including clinical work in an NHS hospital, school, training centre for young people, specialist centre for abuse survivors, older people’s centre plus for an adult work and training service for disabled people and also for those with mental health and or addiction issues, I offer therapy for a very WIDE RANGE OF ISSUES and work with: adults, children, teens, couples and families as well as offering help to groups, companies and organisations. I am an experienced facilitator and trained to NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) Guidelines in post critical incident trauma psychological welfare.
Integrative (a range of approaches) including:-
Person Centred (Rogerian)
Transactional Analysis (T.A.)
Neuro-Lingusitic Programming (NLP)
Family Therapy and Systemic Practice
I first read psychology at university in the 1970’s.
I am also a trained and experienced actor and event compere and so can offer techniques for managing performance anxiety and stress and practical training and tips in handling such challenges.
Addiction, including Internet Addiction
Asperger’s, Autistic Spectrum ,(high functioning end of spectrum only)
Bullying, at any age,
Desire - Lack of,
Goal Setting & Getting,
Lack of Desire,
Life Direction & Coaching,
Living with Disability,
Person Centred Therapy,
Self Confidence, Esteem, Respect, Acceptance
Separation Anxiety, (e.g. child)
Termination - Abortion
- My training, work experience and any achievement
Guest lecturer in past at:-
University Hospital Coventry & Warwickshire - tutoring GP on mental health issue (2012)
University of Oxford Department of Psychiatry (2011)
University of Warwick Medical School
Manchester Metropolitan University (1982-83)
Former Member University of Warwick Medical School Advisory Board (2004-2007)
Former Member Council of Disabled People Executive Board (1998-2002)
Winner of the European Commission’s Breaking Barriers (Between Disabled & Non-Disabled People) Award 2000 Certificate for whole UK.
* MBACP: Registered Member British Association Counselling & Psychotherapy
* Former BBC presenter, producer, journalist
* Experienced presentation and media trainer
Qualifications & Training include,e.g.:-
* Certificate in Psychosexual Studies: Understanding the Sexual Relationship (2012) this included issues such as internet addiction, painful sex, gender dysphoria, transgender issues, sexual orientation
* DIPLOMA in The Theory & Practice of Counselling (ABC) (DISTINCTION in Advanced Counselling Skills) &
95% to 100% for Counseling Clinical Placement Portfolio including clinical supervisors’ reports onplacements includng NHS Hospital, training centre for young people, school, centre for abuse survivors & Age Concern
* Graduate Certificate in Theory & Practice of Counselling (Coventry University 2002)
* Cert. Health Psychology Understanding Mental Ill-health. (Cov. Univ.: 90% exam)
* Cert. Intermediate Couns. (NOCN).
* Cert. Working with Survivors of Sexual ABUSE (OCN)
* Cert.Psychosexual Studies: Understanding the Sexual Relationship (Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships).
* Cert. BEREAVEMENT
* Cert. LIFECOACHING (with NLP Neuro Linguistic Programming) (NCFE)
* 240 points for B.A. Psychology / Sociology / Politics with Statistics (OU & University of Sheffield 1990’s/1977)
Studied Cognitive Psychology for an academic year (Open Uiviersity 1997)
TRAINING UNDERTAKEN ALSO INCLUDES E.G.:-
* MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION (1980’s)
* DISABLED People & their Families (NHS Rehab. Hospital 1 yr clinical placement 2007-8)
* EATING DISORDERS (NHS February 2012 on latest techniques)
* EQUALITY, DISABILITY & DIVERSITY (various e.g. 1998 - 2002 & 2006 & 2009)
* COUNSELLING ACROSS DIVERSITY (Colin Lago, Uiversity of Warwick, 2012)
* STRESS MANAGEMENT (2008) (using CBT) and I also use other techniques and approaches)
* TRAUMA: POST-CRITICAL Disasters TRAUMA to NICE Guidelines
(Centre for Trauma Resilience & Growth/ NHS/ Nott. University / Warwickshire County Council Emergency Planning 2007/2008/2009/2011/2012).
* TRANSACTIONAL ANALYSIS (1970’s and 2008)
* PSYCHOLOGY & NEURO-SCIENCE OF COUPLE & FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS including child responses to shouting and other stress and impact on emotional development in life (2010)
* SEXUAL THERAPY (BASRT conf. 2010)
* FAMILY & SYSTEMIC Practice (Birmingham Children’s Hospital Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services, CAMHS 2010-12)
* ADDICTION (WDAAT 2010)
* ADDICTION & 12 STEP PROGRAMMES (2010)
* LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT (Warwickshire County Council etc.)
* PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Warwickshire County Council
* SCHOOL GOVERNOR - good governance (Warwickshire County Council
* SAFEGUARDING (Warwickshire County Council on children young and older people e.g. 2009, 2011, 2012)
* e-SAFETY (Warwickshire County Council, 2012)
SPIRITUALITY: I also have special training and experience in working with people on SPIRITUAL issues for those who seek it.
* English mother tongue
* French to high conversational level (not full translation standard)
* Some German & a little of some other languages
MEDIA & ACTING TRAINING HAS INCLUDED:-
* University of Sheffield fortnightly tabloid newspaper 1973-1976 - was News Editor c. 1975 etc.
* Radio Hallam 1976 in-house training in freelance radio journalism
* Djing (Juliana’s International Agency 1977 - worked in London & Switzerland)
* Diploma course in Radio Journalism (London College of Printing 1977-78)
* BBC - Broadcast Journalism, Production & Presentation for news, current affairs and music - staff in house training 1983 and 1988
* National Council for Training of Journalists (NCTJ) Law for Editors London 1992 & Super Subbing (editing) 1994
* Improvization / Comic Acting (Loft Theatre)
* Improvization / Comic Acting (Tressle Theatre Co)
* Playwrighting for radio, screen and stage (Graeae Theatre Company /Lemonia scholarship 2003)
- Concerns & issues I deal with
- Abuse, Addictions, Adolescence, Affairs, Aggression, Agoraphobia, Alcohol Dependence, Anger Management, Anorexia Nervosa, Anxiety, Aspergers Syndrome, Assertiveness, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Avoidant Personality, Disorder, Bereavement, Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Bipolar Disorder, Bisexual Issues, Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Boredom, Bulimia Nervosa, Bullying, Career Counselling, Childhood Issues, Chronic Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME), Codependency, Compulsive Behaviour, Concentration Problems, Conduct Disorder (CD), Couple Relationships, Cultural Issues, Debt, Depression, Disability, Disaster, Disfigurement, Dissociation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug Abuse, Dyslexia, Eating Disorders, Erectile Dysfunction, Ethics, Exhaustion, Family Problems, Fatigue, Fear, Gambling, Gay Issues, Gender Dysphoria, Gender Identity Disorders, Grief, Headaches, HIV and AIDS, Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder, Hysteria, Impotency, Impulse Control Disorders (ICD), Impulsive Behaviour, Inertia, Infertility, Inhibitions, Integration of Experience, Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED), Internet Addiction, Isolation, Kleptomania, Leadership, Lesbian Issues, Low Self Confidence, Low Self Esteem, Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Managerial Consultancy, Manipulative Behaviour, Marriage (Marital Relations), Meaningless, Mediation, Melancholia, Memory Problems, Mens Issues, Menopause, Mental Health Problems, Midlife Crisis, Miscarriage, Morality, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Negative Thoughts, Neurosis, Obsessions, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD), Pain Management, Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder, Paranoia, Paraphilias, Parenting, Pathological Gambling, Perfectionism, Performance Management, Personal Growth, Personal Relationships, Pet Bereavement, Phobias, Physical Abuse, Physical Illness, Post Natal Depression (PND), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Premature Ejaculation (PE), Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Psychogenic Neurosis, Psychosis, Race, Rape, Redundancy, Rehabilitation, Relationship Problems, Religion, Repetitive Negative Patterns, Restrictions, Sadness, Same Sex Relationships, Schizoid Personality Disorder, Schizophrenia, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Self Determination, Self Development, Self Harm, Separation, Sex, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Addiction, Sexual Dysfunctions, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Offences, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI), Shame, Shyness, Sleep Disorders, Smoking Addiction, Social Phobia, Spirituality, Stress, Stress Management, Suicidal Thoughts, Terminal Illness, Terrorism, Tiredness, Tourettes Syndrome (TS), Transgender Issues, Trauma, Trichotillomania, Unresolved Issues, Weight Loss, Work Stress, Emotional Abuse,
- Other concerns & issues I deal with
Ethnicity / Cultural / Identity / Prejudice / Discrimination / Oppression Issues
Interview Stress and Preparation techniques
Loss of Interest in Life
Loss of Interest in Sex
Goal setting & getting
Person Centred Therapy
Separation Anxiety (e.g. child, relationship)
Sexual Abuse and or Assualt
Termination - Abortion
- Age groups I work with
- Further Information
LEGAL: a former law court reporter I have experience of producing reports for clients for court cases.
SESSIONS can be face to face, by phone or by Skype..
My clients include The Army and I have received referrals from police officers, schools and insurance and rehabilitation companies.
Your confidentiality is treated with great respect.
Respect, empathy and genuineness are at the core of the work we do in a collaboration between myself and clients.
Sessions for families can involve individuals one-to-one, two or more members or the whole family.
As a school safeguarding governor I had regular Enhanced Criminal Record Bureau checks (CRB).
DISABILITY ACCESS & ATTITUDES
Are you a DISABLED PERSON? I use the empowering Social Model of Disability. My Warwick counselling room is in a building hundreds of years old but there is disability ACCESS via the side entrance through an archway and a fully accessible toilet very close to the counselling room, and it has an automatic light which comes on as the door opens.
The building is wheelchair user accessible although there is a slope outside (I also have practive privileges at the Nuffield Hospital in Leamington and these premises have flat access - if Warwick access is unsuitable for you this might be available.)
The Warwick premises has a delightful old cottage garden at the back, complete with benches and a (safely covered) old well. Please note the garden is sometimes locked so let me know if you want to come in that way.
Cafe in wonderful historic half timbered building opposite (the Lord Leycester Hospital) open in the daytime and at lunch times there is a cafe in the same building as the counselling room which has tables outside with sunshading umbrellas in fair weather.
A choice of restaurants, cafes and hotels are nearby in the High Street in Warwick.
Around the corner are Warwick Castle and a riverside park. Both are within walking or wheelchair rolling distance.
The BUS STATION is a stone’s throw away, along with shops such as Boots and antique and both bargain and elegant shops.
As I see clients for training (such as assertiveness, media or presentation skills) as well as lifecoaching & therapy, anyone who sees you coming into the room will not know the reason for your attendance.
I have experience of multi-disciplinary team working with for example, schools, psychiatrists, GPs and mental health workers.
I have received referrals from the emergency services and insurance companies.
As a therapist with a professional body which requires it, I see a clinical supervisor and have additional training as part of continual professional development every year.
- Upcoming Events
Is any of the information here incorrect? Let us know. Report Wrong Information
Is this your listing? Click here to update information in your profile.
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Price List
- Special Online Booking Offers
* I offer a free phone call consultation of up to 15 minutes to a landline or from the client’s mobile phone
* Discounts are sometimes available for people on low incomes
* Discounts are sometimes available for people paying for at least ten sessions in advance
* Payment can be made by Paypal online or froom a mobile phone or by weekly or monthly by standing order or in cash or by cheque in advance
- Write a review of Penny Bould MBACP / AOK Counselling Lifecoaching & Training
- Review Summary
Value for Money :0.0Customer Service :0.0Communication :0.0Satisfaction :0.0
- 0 Positive
- 0 Neutral
- 0 Negative
- Customer Reviews
- Write your own review
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.
Name: Penny BouldPhone Number :Website : http://www.counsellinguniverse.comLocation(s):
Warwick CV34 4AX
- Find complementary therapists in Warwick:
- Acupressure in Warwick
- Acupuncture in Warwick
- Alexander-Technique in Warwick
- Aromatherapy in Warwick
- Art-Therapy in Warwick
- Beauty-Therapy in Warwick
- Chinese-Massage in Warwick
- Chiropractic in Warwick
- Cognitive-Behavioural-Therapy-(CBT) in Warwick
- Corporate-Massage in Warwick
- Counselling in Warwick
- Craniosacral-Therapy in Warwick
- Crystal-Therapy in Warwick
- Deep-Tissue-Massage in Warwick
- EFT-(MTT)-Tapping in Warwick
- EMDR in Warwick
- Flower-Essences in Warwick
- Hypnotherapy in Warwick
- Indian-Head-Massage in Warwick
- Kinesiology in Warwick
- Laser-Therapy in Warwick
- Life-Coaching in Warwick
- Meditation in Warwick
- Natural-Fertility-Therapy in Warwick
- NLP in Warwick
- Nutritional-Therapy in Warwick
- Psychotherapy in Warwick
- Reflexology in Warwick
- Reiki in Warwick
- Relaxation-Therapy in Warwick
- Shiatsu in Warwick
- Sound-Therapy in Warwick
- Spiritual-Healing in Warwick
- Sports-Massage in Warwick
- Stone-Therapy-Massage in Warwick
- Stress-Management in Warwick
- Swedish-Relaxation-Massage in Warwick
- Tai-Chi in Warwick
- Thai-Massage in Warwick
- Time-Line-Therapy in Warwick
- Traditional-Chinese-Medicine-(TCM) in Warwick
- Weight-Loss in Warwick
- Womens-Health in Warwick
- Yoga in Warwick