Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Acupressure in north London
Member Organisation(s): British Council of Acupuncture
Royal & Sun Alliance
Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Acupressure, Chinese Massage
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Write a review
- About Michelle Flynn
Acupuncture and Pain Management :
Acupuncture can treat musculoskeletal pain, including myofascial trigger point pain. It is also effective for postoperative pain and nausea.
Recent research has shown that acupuncture treatment can be effective in treating back pain, shoulder pain, neck ,knee pain & headache/migraine.
Auricular acupuncture can help stop addictions such as smoking and comfort eating, etc.
"Michelle is an absolute miracle worker and I cannot recommend her highly enough! I first saw Michelle when I was 13 weeks pregnant and had had a migraine for 5 days. I contacted her in desperation as I could not take my normal medication and alternative therapy was my only option. I have to admit that I wasn’t convinced of how effective acupuncture would be for my migraines. However Michelle worked her magic and immediately after the first session I felt a significant reduction in the level of pain. By the next day I had almost recovered and after a follow up session with Michelle I felt like a new person. I have suffered with migraines throughout my pregnancy and each time I have contacted Michelle immediately. She has cured all of them for me very quickly. I plan on seeing Michelle for treatment of any condition I face in the future. I feel very lucky to have found her and would not consider using anyone else!"
Leonie (Palmers Green)
Acupuncture and Fertility & Women’s Health :
There has been significant research which has found that acupuncture treatment can have a positive affect on those trying for a baby and can actually aid the conception process.
And acupuncture can be administered in conjunction with IVF which has been proven to increase its success rate.
I had tried various self-help therapies to help alleviate my back problems and to increase my chance in getting pregnant but had no luck.
So when I saw Michelle’s leaflet at my GP Surgery, I thought I’d give it go.
Michelle was very reassuring and professional in her manner and set me on a course of weekly acupuncture and later prescribed herbs. She was always friendly and chatty towards me and I can now count her as a close ally. Her treatment did make me fall pregnant which I was ecstatic about.
Post-pregnancy I continued to seek further treatment and can say that acupuncture has really helped me and would definitely recommend it to others and with Michelle!
Gynaecological disorders such as PMS, menstrual pain, heavy menses/period, amenorrhea (absence of menstrual bleeding)
Acupuncture can also help with skin problems such as acne, eczema and psoriasis.
Acupuncture is one of the safest medical treatments, both conventional and complementary, on offer in the UK.
Chinese herbal medicine started as nutritional therapy in ancient China, over the last 3000 years it has developed into a unique and highly sophisticated system for understanding health and disease Each prescription is tailored specifically to treat you and your condition. The herbs are boiled and drunk as tea or taken in a tablet or powder form
Safety of Chinese Herbs
Chinese Herbal Medicine has a proven track record of safe use with few of the damaging side effects associated with Western medicines. In all cases, herbal medicines should only be prescribed by fully trained practitioners
NB: Regulated and accredited practitioners undergo years of training and study to recognize subtle signs and to prescribe effective treatment. All British Acupuncture Council members adhere to strict codes of conduct and practice.
- My training, work experience and any achievement
Michelle is a qualified and fully licensed Practitioner in acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
She graduated after studying at Middlesex University and Beijing University, the five year degree programme she undertook is respected as the highest Chinese medical degree.
Michelle also trained in the UK at the Asante Academy of TCM and North Middlesex Hospital, and during her course was seconded to two of Beijing’s most reputed hospitals of both western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine; ‘Xi Yuan hospital’ and ‘The Japanese Chinese Friendship hospital’.
Michelle is currently working for the National Health Service (NHS) administering acupuncture and acupressure massage (Tuina) as a pain relief in the pain management department.
Extensive travel and living in France, Japan and China has made Michelle adaptable, versatile and resourceful, which positively impacts her clinical practice.
Her areas of interest and expertise are female emotional and gynaecological disorders, infertility and pain management.
- Concerns & issues I deal with
- Addictions, Anxiety, Depression, Headaches, Infertility, Pain Management, Panic Disorder, Auricular, Cosmetic, Dry Needling, Electro, Fertility, Back Pain,
- Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Her areas of interest and expertise are female emotional and gynaecological disorders, infertility , pain management.and nutritional disorders.
- Age groups I work with
- Further Information
Michelle also practices Chinese Cupping and Moxabustion,
Cupping, in traditional Chinese medicine, is a practice of placing glass cups on a patient’s back. The cups are heated over a flame to create vacuum and placed on patient’s skin creating suction.
For centuries, cupping has been used with great success for treating muscular tension and various respiratory diseases such as a cold virus, It can also be used as a valuable adjunct (in conjunction) in treating bronchitis and pneumonia.
Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that involves the burning of mugwort over the acupuncture points. The purpose is to stimulate the flow of Qi and blood, remove cold and damp from the body. It is particularly effective in treating arthritic pain.
Is any of the information here incorrect? Let us know. Report Wrong Information
Is this your listing? Click here to update information in your profile.
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Price List
- Acupuncture: £40/session
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM): £5/session
- Acupressure: £40/session
- Chinese Massage: £40/session
- Write a review of Michelle Flynn
- Review Summary
Value for Money :0.0Customer Service :0.0Communication :0.0Satisfaction :0.0
- 0 Positive
- 0 Neutral
- 0 Negative
- Customer Reviews
- Write your own review
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.
Contact Michelle Flynn for more information.
Name: Ms. Michelle FlynnPhone Number :Location(s):
The North London Health Centre
Broomfied Avenue N13 4JJ
- Find complementary therapists in north London:
- Acupressure in north London
- Acupuncture in north London
- Alexander-Technique in north London
- Allergy-Intolerance-Therapy in north London
- Aromatherapy in north London
- Art-Therapy in north London
- Autogenic-Training in north London
- Ayurveda in north London
- Beauty-Therapy in north London
- Body-Harmony in north London
- Bowen-Therapy in north London
- Chinese-Massage in north London
- Chiropractic in north London
- Cognitive-Behavioural-Therapy-(CBT) in north London
- Corporate-Massage in north London
- Counselling in north London
- Craniosacral-Therapy in north London
- Crystal-Therapy in north London
- Deep-Tissue-Massage in north London
- EFT-(MTT)-Tapping in north London
- EMDR in north London
- Flower-Essences in north London
- Homeopathy in north London
- Hypnotherapy in north London
- Indian-Head-Massage in north London
- Kinesiology in north London
- Laser-Therapy in north London
- Life-Coaching in north London
- Meditation in north London
- Mens-Health in north London
- Mindfulness-Based-Cognitive-Therapy-(MBCT) in north London
- Natural-Fertility-Therapy in north London
- Naturopathy in north London
- NLP in north London
- Nutritional-Therapy in north London
- Osteopathy in north London
- Past-Life-Regression in north London
- Personal-Trainers in north London
- Physiotherapy in north London
- Pranic-Healing in north London
- Psychotherapy in north London
- Reflexology in north London
- Reiki in north London
- Relaxation-Therapy in north London
- Shiatsu in north London
- Spiritual-Healing in north London
- Sports-Massage in north London
- Stone-Therapy-Massage in north London
- Stress-Management in north London
- Swedish-Relaxation-Massage in north London
- Tai-Chi in north London
- Thai-Massage in north London
- Time-Line-Therapy in north London
- Traditional-Chinese-Medicine-(TCM) in north London
- Weight-Loss in north London
- Womens-Health in north London
- Yoga in north London